+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Business End Season Update...

Business End Season Update...

I see all our sides have still got plenty to play for even Dirty Leeds. How do you think our respective teams will do from now till the end of the season.

Barnsley have lost their manager to you know who but will this have a positive or negative affect on your plight and ever closer to the dreaded drop.

Leeds have nabbed Heckingbottom but is it a sign of desperation or will he do a job for them and stop the flow of red cards and get them back running again.

Burnley still right up there in the Prem however they haven’t won a game yet in the New Year but to be fair have had some credible draws including city and united.

PNE haven’t lost a league away game since 4th Nov and only lost 1 in 13 games in the league. The next 4 games are massive as we have The Bees (a) Wolves (h) Villa (a) Ipswich (h) in February. It doesn’t get much tougher than that but with nearly all our injuries all but done we have plenty to choose from and a very healthy squad. Really really looking forward to the Wolves game as they are only a few hundred away from selling out and I reAlly do think if we can just get a result at Griffin Park on Saturday we could hit 20k for the Wolves game.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads

Well Gards, we've got a caretaker in charge for one of our biggest games of the season on Satdy, against the Fowls.
    Will we go with Larry or Gary Monk, and believe me we've been talking about Mick Mac as well maybe finally coming back home to manage us. Even Stuart McCall is available now of course after getting whacked at Bradf'd. (what do you think about that by the way Calvo ?)
    But I reckon we'll show no ambition whatsoever and appoint cheaply yet again, despite the fact that we/they have billions to spend if they want to.
    Last edited by Acido; 09-02-2018 at 12:18 AM.

I would go with Larry at the moment he may steady the ship just in time

We are going down the table ,missing five top players ..Good job we have accumulated some points or we would be in dickies meadow..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We are going down the table ,missing five top players ..Good job we have accumulated some points or we would be in dickies meadow..
    You have got some winnable home games coming up and a couple of away games were they are not the best teams in the Prem. Chance to get back on the saddle Alfi

Yep,we need to get to 40 points ..

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    I would go with Larry at the moment he may steady the ship just in time
    As mentioned on another thread, Larry is/has been at his best in League one. I thought McCall was OK at the start but there is clearly something in the air around W Yorks affecting football, Bfud have made a mess of what should have been sure win games, losing at home to Wimbledon 4 -0 is a joke and one they should all be ashamed of.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)