+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: East Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    They definitely knead to improve.
    Dough nut underestimate this group of athletes

Any more performances like Morton and someone will batter them.

This lot aren't getting any more of my dough until they improve.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As I understand it Dave Narey is a very modest fellow so it's hard to imagine him agreeing to a stand being named after him.
    Agreed......Davie is without doubt one of Uniteds all time greats and i doubt he'll be overtaking by anyone in my lifetime, but i doubt he'd agree to that honour

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    This lot aren't getting any more of my dough until they improve.
    We were a good team but that was yeasterday.

Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    Agreed......Davie is without doubt one of Uniteds all time greats and i doubt he'll be overtaking by anyone in my lifetime, but i doubt he'd agree to that honour
    It’s the kind of honour that can’t really be refused

I think Dave would be very deserving. Luggy, Mo M and Paul H are others that deserve more accolades.

We should do far more to honour our amazing history

Eddie's heart was in the right place. But he made a few mistakes. It should not be fotgotten that he personally paid £s for those mistakes. But he got it right eventually. Craig Levein was the right man for the job and put us back on the map.

I can't remember the point i was going to make.

But I fear we're in for some hard times ahead.

Call it "The Legends' Stand, Upper Legends or Lower Legends. Emblason the foyers with photo's and Murals of all the great people and events of The proud history of our club. Some good pics already but let's go OVer The Top

Certainly think the way we're playing and the fixtures sandwich will mean a heel of a job getting promoted. Let's get a win soon and we can go on a roll....
    Anyway ET eventually got it right and we were on to a good thing with him and Levein. Didn't have a problem with the sentiment of having a stand named after him, but in hindsight there were/are those more deserving of the accolade.
    He shouldn't have passed the club onto his son that's for sure.

Yeah, but it is what it is. Eddie is not to blame for our current woes. I would be disgusted if they changed the name of the stand now. Eddie (with Levein) left us in great shape. We'd been struggling for years before the ET/CL era. They brought back respect to Dundee United, and I think we should be happy to have the Eddie Thomson stand.

Pity the current lot have made some bad mistakes too. Maybe, things will turn tho. These things happen in football. I hope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)