Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sustainability

Sustainability

The club's recently released accounts show a trading loss of £100k for last season which is actually an improvement over the previous year which were hidden through the write off of historic deferred grants. This is clearly unsustainable over the long-term and will require another more lucrative source of income with crowds ever diminishing for full-time football to continue. I am becoming more and more concerned for the future of our great wee club and hopefully the board have some initiative up their sleeves to arrest this financial downturn. Then again if the Dumfries public would only come out and support their ain team we wouldn't have to face this unsure future. If only!!!!

A worrying loss of £102,000 but not surprising Spike. We should thank our lucky stars we’ve the extra revenue from the Queens Arena or we’d really be in the s@&t

The AGM is set for Monday 26th Feb down at the Nith Hotel. It’ll be interesting to hear what plans the Chairman has for the future

Before everyone jumps on the crowd issue (which admittedly is a problem) the loss made this year is primarily the drop of £250k worth of commercial income which definitely needs explained at the agm and best guess is linked to the concert debacle. A worrying trend is the drop in income from the arena and pitch hire as well. I still struggle to understand what the wage bill/budget truly is as our cost of sales is really high which for me doesnít marry up with the image that weíre a plucky team trying to compete with the big boys. The cash at bank was actually ok due to good debtor/creditor controls but as for 2017 iíd project a further tangible loss iím Guessing the funds are gone hence our current skint position. Interesting in notes that our chairman carries out maintenance for free, if so can we get some done then on the various bits of ground that are becoming a real concern.

In the same way last years profit masked an awful trading year, do bear in mind accounts are reported in a way that doesnít show always a true position, the loss is actually not as heavy as it seems as includes heavy depreciation of assets, true position or ebitda is somewhere less than half of the bottom figure.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy10 View Post
    Before everyone jumps on the crowd issue (which admittedly is a problem) the loss made this year is primarily the drop of £250k worth of commercial income which definitely needs explained at the agm and best guess is linked to the concert debacle. A worrying trend is the drop in income from the arena and pitch hire as well. I still struggle to understand what the wage bill/budget truly is as our cost of sales is really high which for me doesnít marry up with the image that weíre a plucky team trying to compete with the big boys. The cash at bank was actually ok due to good debtor/creditor controls but as for 2017 iíd project a further tangible loss iím Guessing the funds are gone hence our current skint position. Interesting in notes that our chairman carries out maintenance for free, if so can we get some done then on the various bits of ground that are becoming a real concern.

In the same way last years profit masked an awful trading year, do bear in mind accounts are reported in a way that doesnít show always a true position, the loss is actually not as heavy as it seems as includes heavy depreciation of assets, true position or ebitda is somewhere less than half of the bottom figure.

So Mr Chairmanís companies carry out maintenance for free around Palmerston !!! Probably the least he can do considering the amount of money he made off the selling of the land next to the Arena , the refurbishment of the Arena and those new changing rooms that nobody has ever seen.
    Only one winner there

Considering the state of the ground and surrounding area i could put in the accounts that I provide maintenance free of charge too, as we donít seem to do much. Would love to see someone really challenge the board this year what is the plans, how long before more land dissapears for housing!

I’m almost certain that every penny Mr Hewitson made from sale of that piece of land was to be put back into Queens

Bought for £124,000 and sold for £360,000 allegedly . Has it ??!

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Iím almost certain that every penny Mr Hewitson made from sale of that piece of land was to be put back into Queens

Bought for £124,000 and sold for £360,000 allegedly . Has it ??!

i said it from day 1 when hewitson took charge ,he would gradually sell off our assets for his own gain ,the happy clappers couldnt see it as usual ,this man needs to be put on the spot and asked some serious questions face to face with the fans ,no wonder thay didnt want a fan on the board ,all the hidden agendas would have become public knowledge ,surely the blounts wouldnt let these things happen tho surely as there suppose to be queens men .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i said it from day 1 when hewitson took charge ,he would gradually sell off our assets for his own gain ,the happy clappers couldnt see it as usual ,this man needs to be put on the spot and asked some serious questions face to face with the fans ,no wonder thay didnt want a fan on the board ,all the hidden agendas would have become public knowledge ,surely the blounts wouldnt let these things happen tho surely as there suppose to be queens men .

Either turn up at the AGM and ask him or get a good solicitor

Very damning accusations Francis of the Chairman of Queens which I do hope you can substantiate however as has already been said you can attend the AGM and put them to the BoD directly and see what their collective response will be.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Either turn up at the AGM and ask him or get a good solicitor
    hmmmm im baffled here im replying to quotes that people are already suggesting ,and iv responded to what i think it looks like everyone else is already thinking ,and why the fffk would i be needing a solicitor ,people on previous posts have brought all this up anyways im just adding to what the thoughts are ,i surely will be asking them if i see them ,asking what the hell is going on with the sales of these asset lands ,defo for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Very damning accusations Francis of the Chairman of Queens which I do hope you can substantiate however as has already been said you can attend the AGM and put them to the BoD directly and see what their collective response will be.

i cant substantiate anything spike its all hearsay ,all this has been the talk of the toon ,im just pointing out what iv been hearing ,and theres no accusations ,but theres defo alot of questions to be answered id say .

i always post what i hear on the street from other queens fans no matter how dambing or bad it sounds as its good to hear other peoples thinking of matters .

So it is merely hearsay.

yep i didnt like the fact when i first heard the land was being sold in the first place and wondered who was getting what out of it ,and there has been a whole lot of talk iv heard going around ,youv prob or must have heard it yourself spike ,id like to know what queens got out of the sale .

Ive heard that to francis even mr hewitsons companys are building tbings in the areana for other parties

Youll get the space if u use this company to build it

is that sumin to do with the bbc donny.i heard someone yap aboot sumin like that at the st mirren game .

yep i didnt like the fact when i first heard the land was being sold in the first place and wondered who was getting what out of it ,and there has been a whole lot of talk iv heard going around ,youv prob or must have heard it yourself spike ,id like to know what queens got out of the sale .
    Yes I have heard these rumours, mainly on the social media such as this, however without knowing the actual details it will remain as purely unsubstantiated speculation and a mechanism for launching attacks on the Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes I have heard these rumours, mainly on the social media such as this, however without knowing the actual details it will remain as purely unsubstantiated speculation and a mechanism for launching attacks on the Chairman.

thats the pitfalls of keeping things in the private mate ,if the details of all these kinda things were made public knowledge there wouldnt be all the talk happening ,football boards and chairmans up and down the country put themselfs in these types of position ,iv got alot of hibs fan pals and during the rod petrie saga it was unreal the messages boards were popping up with alsorts of dodgy things thay speculated petrie was upto ,then all of a sudden petrie gets ousted and the clubs now run by fans ,when ever theres private things happen in football clubs you will get speculation and whatever on the message boards directed at the people who carry out private matters .

anyways no point bleating on about it as theres nout i can do or anyone else ,whats done is done and thats it ,all i know is queens need some cash from outside the box as dead are the days of generating cash through the gates .

Who makes money from the solar panels on top of the Queens Arena ? The club or the Chairman ? A friend of mine was painting the floodlights and said it’s covered in them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast