+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T When did the right wingers....

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Manufacturing is declining everywhere in the West, even Germany is becoming more of a service economy, we simply can't compete with countries like China where costs are so much lower.
    Yeh providing just enough just to keep you alive so you keep returning to work each day is definitely a competitive edge .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bet their sons and daughters are proud everytime they clock on at Sports Direct every morning .

That said many were good solid lads many of whom who did come out were transferred up here to avoid intimidation and physical harm coming to them when the strike ended .

Not a lot of people know that , then again you wouldn't would you .
    Yep true heard not all Nottinghamshire miners didn't support the strike and suffered intimidation for not joining the break away union. Not very democratic eh?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep true heard not all Nottinghamshire miners didn't support the strike and suffered intimidation for not joining the break away union. Not very democratic eh?
    Aye the UDM did them proud .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-17443724

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    What an extraordinary outburst that was by the way.

You must be John Major's biggest fan.

Also, contrary to popular opinion on the left, calling people "Nazi", "fascist" or "racist" doesn't actually mean you've won the argument.
    While ever you don't deny that you are not one of these types then you will always be open to being accused of being one.Just say I have no links with any extreme right wing groups and abhor anything remotely to do with these evil groups.ITs simple really. Why would you not want to clear this up once and for all unless...at least be honest. If you want to be a supporter of such organisations that is up to you, We might not like it but we know where you stand when you come on here with your views.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-02-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Better link , how many years did Scargill serve ?

Anyone ?????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-17871869

I assume you are talking about the Nottinghamshire miners. My argument would be that if they wanted to forge a breakaway union they shouldn't benefit from anything the striking miners gained from the dispute.
    I'm talking about miners from all over the country who chose not to strike and those who did only for fear of a display of ‘unison’ from their colleagues. All NUM members, whether pro- or anti-strike, were entitled by the NUM’s constitution to a ballot and they didn’t get one.

The constitution was a contract that regulated the relationship between NUM members and the NUM. It was the contract under which NUM members paid money in and it gave them rights, but the NUM leadership ignored that.

I shouldn't think that anyone would want a share of what the miners 'gained' from the strike

I seem to recall you getting excited upon another thread about people not answering questions. I’ve had the courtesy to answer yours on this thread, so how about you having a go at mine? Do you agree that something has gone wrong when union members have to take their union to court to enforce their rights? Who is there to represent their interests when that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Kerr don't believe all you read. There have been hundreds of applications to site powered wind farms that have been turned down by planning associations so, to say this is the way forward it doesn't always mean they will get over the finish line.

I do like the point though that back's up my point on being held to ransom by other countries.

'However, if we continue to use gas at the rate that we do, then Britain will miss carbon targets and be dangerously exposed to supply and price risks in the international gas markets'

Don't say we haven't been warned!

By the way do you like my thread on 'instrumentals' ? Sure you have one in your locker somewhere....look forward to hearing it.
    Neither wind nor solar are the complete answer without a substantial improvement in the technology for the large scale storage of electricity. That's because it isn't always sunny and windy. I agree with the need to reduce the reliance upon gas. Coal is not the answer, however and we will not be going back there.

I'm largely indifferent to your thread on instrumentals, but do like your choice of Samba Pa Ti.

I have answered your question. If members don't want to be part of a union etc then that is fine but it is not fair for them to gain from any successes unions gain by striking etc. For example, if a union wanted to strike for a pay rise and achieved it through strike action then those who weren't willing to strike shouldn't get the pay rise that they had won, Surely that is fair because the strikers have made the sacrifice.

I have answered your question. If members don't want to be part of a union etc then that is fine but it is not fair for them to gain from any successes unions gain by striking etc. For example, if a union wanted to strike for a pay rise and achieved it through strike action then those who weren't willing to strike shouldn't get the pay rise that they had won, Surely that is fair because the strikers have made the sacrifice.
    With the greatest of respect, you haven't answered the question at all. The question Do you agree that something has gone wrong when union members have to take their union to court to enforce their rights? has absolutely nothing to do with people not wanting to be part of a union. Quite the reverse - it's about people not getting what they are entitled to by virtue of the terms of their membership. Care to answer it? ‘Tic Toc’ as I believe you were saying to others a couple of days ago.

Non-membership of a union wasn’t an option in a closed shop. If you left the union you left the job. It was a legalised protection racket until outlawed by a Thatcher government. It was a protection racket that failed to provide the protection that membership supposedly offered when the union leadership rode rough shod over and ignored their member’s rights.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Football anyone? Just askin'
    If you want to do one of your 'woe is me - this club is so badly run - there is no plan' posts, I'll happily answer it.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast