+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury blow for Rams striker

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Darren Bent has no end product. What planet are you on exactly? 177 senior goals and 4 full international goals. Go back to bed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Bent
    Wow! 177 senior goals and 4 full international goals during his career, some achievement during his prime when he was in his mid 20’s lol! but i’m afraid to say he is 34yrs old and will be retiring soon, he won’t replicate his 117 senior goals and his 4 full international goals he scored for England any time soon with Derby or at Burton.

MadAmster - setting aside that which our resident zombie copied from the Derby Telegraph (https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...recall-1191104), the EFL rules state (salient points highlighted):

"53.1.1 subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season;

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and (b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate);"

So I would suggest that we have no automatic right to recall and in any event we cannot do anything before the end of February. However if we have inserted a recall clause, then if the player and both clubs agree, and the league sanction it, then I would think we could recall players.

The above assumes that we entered into standard loan agreements. Nick Blackman of course was transferred out of the EFL and so it maybe possibly easy (or subject to different rules) to recall him. Not that I am advocating it, but he is supposedly playing well there at the moment.
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 09-02-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    MadAmster - setting aside that which our resident zombie copied from the Derby Telegraph (https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...recall-1191104), the EFL rules state (salient points highlighted):

"53.1.1 subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season;

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and (b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate);"

So I would suggest that we have no automatic right to recall and in any event we cannot do anything before the end of February. However if we have inserted a recall clause, then if the player and both clubs agree, and the league sanction it, then I would think we could recall players.

The above assumes that we entered into standard loan agreements. Nick Blackman of course was transferred out of the EFL and so it maybe possibly easy (or subject to different rules) to recall him. Not that I am advocating it, but he is supposedly playing well there at the moment.
    Derby will have to pay compensation to the loanee club which is Burton & Reading for Bent & Martin to be brought back which will be quite staggering, there is no way Derby will pay compo for either player they just recently loaned out, plus the fact that new EFL rules won’t allow you to recall a player after the transfer window closes like before, the new rule changes so on that basis it’s not apathetically possible to do it.

I am not suggesting we would want to bring them back, but according to the above rules, which were taken from the EFL website this very morning, we could in theory do it. As to the question of "compo" - him off last of the Summer Wine? - then we would obviously have to refund some, or all, of the loan fee etc we received in the first place, which would be entirely reasonable as we would have the player back.

I don't know what these "new rules" are that you are talking about - maybe they apply for season 2018-19 but the way to recall players outside the transfer window dates is noted above.

I really don't understand the contextual use of "apathetically possible" in your final line. How can we show no feeling or emotional attachment towards a possibility? Perhaps best not to use big words when you do not understand them.

Thanks for the recall explanation ramjet. Much appreciated.

I am not suggesting we would want to bring them back, but according to the above rules, which were taken from the EFL website this very morning, we could in theory do it. As to the question of "compo" - him off last of the Summer Wine? - then we would obviously have to refund some, or all, of the loan fee etc we received in the first place, which would be entirely reasonable as we would have the player back.

I don't know what these "new rules" are that you are talking about - maybe they apply for season 2018-19 but the way to recall players outside the transfer window dates is noted above.

I really don't understand the contextual use of "apathetically possible" in your final line. How can we show no feeling or emotional attachment towards a possibility? Perhaps best not to use big words when you do not understand them.
    New rules on Loans and recalls were put in place back in 2016, when the SkyBet FL was rebranded into the EFL came into play.

They are the following:

These changes to the loan system were confirmed by the Football League at their recent AGM in Portugal.

However, the biggest change could well be FIFA’s decision to ban the use of ‘short-term’ loan deals from the ’emergency loan window’ – which ran February/March.

A lot of Football League clubs rely on these deals to bringing in players from more prestigious clubs. This tactic is to stop with the new rules only allowing whole and half-season loans within the two designated windows. FIFA decided on this move to preserve “the integrity of competitions.”

Not only can teams not bring in players outside the officially-designated transfer windows, but they can’t be recalled either. By this I mean that players can only be recalled ‘inside’ a transfer window – these currently being July/August and January.

The only exceptions to the recall rule is regarding goalkeepers and development squad. Goalkeepers CAN be recalled to a parent club on 24 hours notice if there are not two fit stoppers at the club. Additionally, clubs can still bring in a keeper on an emergency loan of seven days duration of they do not have a ‘senior’ keeper of their own available to them who has made at least five appearances.

On top of this, players can also be recalled from loan deals if they are to be featured solely in a club’s development squad.

To summarise it all up Bent & Martin can only be recalled to the development squad which is the youth squad and not the first team and must state what they are going to be used for in that development squad to the EFL.

Recalling them back and putting them into our developmental youth team is not going to help us in this situation with Winnall being out injured with an ACL for the season.
    Last edited by DerbyDaDream; 09-02-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Talking

So this time you are parrotting another article you have seen [URL= http://the72.co.uk/57887/change-efl-leads-loan-deal-changes/[/URL] but are pretending its your own original thought again. remember when you google and paste, that other people can do the same thing backwards from your plagiarism to find the source.

In effect you (or rather the72.co.uk) are telling me that the EFL regulations on their website are wrong?

They clearly state that players can be recalled after 28 days of the closure of the window providing both clubs and the player agree, and with the approval of the League.

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and (b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.1.4 below)unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate)

perhaps you need to let the EFL know that they have got it wrong
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 09-02-2018 at 04:26 PM.

So this time you are parrotting another article you have seen [URL= http://the72.co.uk/57887/change-efl-leads-loan-deal-changes/[/URL] but are pretending its your own original thought again. remember when you google and paste, that other people can do the same thing backwards from your plagiarism to find the source.

In effect you (or rather the72.co.uk) are telling me that the EFL regulations on their website are wrong?

They clearly state that players can be recalled after 28 days of the closure of the window providing both clubs and the player agree, and with the approval of the League.

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and (b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.1.4 below)unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate)

perhaps you need to let the EFL know that they have got it wrong
    You do realise that the EFL stated during only the Transfer Window which includes the expiray of 28 days.

Oh dear...could have sworn ‘ignore’ had been established as a better strategy than endless and mindless fallout.
    It’s the one I’m sticking to anyway.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-02-2018 at 04:41 PM.

I think Roger is feeling lonely.
    Still he should find something more interesting to do than waste energy educating a fool.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)