+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our BILLY& The Rapids

Billy’s going nowhere. He’s still our best chance of a goal by country mile. Who else could have scored that first goal? Possibly Wilson has the technique but not the regularity. I’ve no idea why some can’t wait to write Billy off, but he’s done today exactly what I expected him to do and frankly Clarke, never was and never will be as constant a goal scorer as him. All hail the Duffmeister as well, an outstanding little player who always makes things happen but also doesn’t seem to get a lot of slack cut by some Blades.

If Billy is going to play, definitely keep him. Especially if he's going to play like he did today. It just seemed like there was something not quite right as he wasn't even coming on as a sub. Glad he's back in the team and got his scoring boots on though. The fact that he's a Blade makes it even sweeter.

Billy was back to his best today, one of the reasons was Evans slipping seamlessly into the Coutts role, and the Magician that is Mark Duffy playing, pulling the strings.

Goal of the season, very similar to Leon's away at Port Vale last season.

thing is we now have a stronger squad - so if one goes off the boil/gets injured/suspended - somebody else is waiting in the wings. I don't think our new signings are up to speed yet, but they will be soon - and Brooks will be back.......all good in my book

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Billy’s going nowhere. He’s still our best chance of a goal by country mile. Who else could have scored that first goal? Possibly Wilson has the technique but not the regularity. I’ve no idea why some can’t wait to write Billy off, but he’s done today exactly what I expected him to do and frankly Clarke, never was and never will be as constant a goal scorer as him. All hail the Duffmeister as well, an outstanding little player who always makes things happen but also doesn’t seem to get a lot of slack cut by some Blades.
    Billy's first goal was defo a WOW moment,fantastic strike,but i think we've got others that are capable of scorin goals like that,Leon,The Don and possibly Wilson to name 3.It was a much needed win but i thought it was a mediocre game,but the main thing was we won.UTCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12