Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: His Master's Voice................

  1. #1

    His Master's Voice................

    For those who roundly criticised me for wrongly attributing the "game changing investment" statement to McC here's his response to what would happen when we got back to the Championship.

    He might not have said it but you can't deny he recognises the phrase.

    Listen from around 1min 24 sec.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qV...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by tomytony; 07-02-2018 at 06:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Its a lot of energy to expend TT, considering no-one doubts that King Kev said 'game changing investment', in this case 'the game' being covering 30m of losses without going bust.

    The thing you got pulled back on was '...Liverpool like...' which I think is now fully accepted to have never come from King Kev, but a misquote of an off the cuff remark of Jim Phipps...

  3. #3
    Weren't his actual words at the time "this investment is game changing"? Seeing they've put at least 17 m each since it certainly has been. The fact that it took four years is obviously shameful because as we all know, spending money guarantees success.

    This thread is as woodwardfanesque as anything I've seen for claiming to be "right". The bottom of the barrel must be about three foot above this level.

    Don't just "think Liverpool" think context as well.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Weren't his actual words at the time "this investment is game changing"? Seeing they've put at least 17 m each since it certainly has been. The fact that it took four years is obviously shameful because as we all know, spending money guarantees success.

    This thread is as woodwardfanesque as anything I've seen for claiming to be "right". The bottom of the barrel must be about three foot above this level.

    Don't just "think Liverpool" think context as well.
    I'm very suprised to see who started this thread Marvin,are you? UTCB

  5. #5
    To be honest Rod, Kevin was in the Copthorne the other week wearing a pastel coloured sweater. I've kept quiet about it for a while now but the anger has built and built and I was going to reveal all today, and now someone has stolen my thunder with an old interview.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I'm very suprised to see who started this thread Marvin,are you? UTCB
    When I was but a lad, my dear owd Dad used a little poem to explain the ways of adult relationships to me. It went...

    Women they have many faults,
    Men they have but two.
    Everything they say,
    and everything they do.



    Do you think Kev only has two faults..?

    UTB

  7. #7
    United are red, Wendy blue
    I hate Kevin McCabe
    Why don't you?

    I like the bloke and thank him for keeping my team afloat and helping CW by funding his new players.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    No time expended FKB- it was on a Blades related FB page.

    No barrel scraping HC, no need for your ever convoluted interpretations of what was meant by what he said.

    For those that bothered to listen McC says, regarding the game changing.

    " That comes with the 1st promotion back to the Championship".



    Just saying.

    By the way, if you listen a bit longer you'll be pleased to be reassured that we are not a selling club..

  10. #10
    There's nothing convoluted about my interpretation of your strange continued bunny boiling obsession with criticising McCabe at every single opportunity. As shown by digging up an old interview. For someone as critical towards him, you're incredibly thin skinned when anyone mocks your fixation.

    Your continued - actually non stop - barrel scraping is as tiresome as it's childish.

    The one trick pony really has been flogged to death.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    There's nothing convoluted about my interpretation of your strange continued bunny boiling obsession with criticising McCabe at every single opportunity. As shown by digging up an old interview. For someone as critical towards him, you're incredibly thin skinned when anyone mocks your fixation.

    Your continued - actually non stop - barrel scraping is as tiresome as it's childish.

    The one trick pony really has been flogged to death.
    Sticks and stones, well constructed sticks and stones, artisan even, but still wood and rock.

    If you bothered to read my response I said that I hadn't done any digging, it was from a FB Blades related page where others were making exactly the same point.

    Seems there's more than a few one trick ponies about but, as I'm one of a minority on this particular forum, you keep revelling in the name calling and insults. It's obviously your 'thing'- on obsession even.

  12. #12
    shift up Rod, make some room on the naughty step.....

  13. #13
    O L D I N T E R V I E W.

    That I can't believe you've never seen before.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Sticks and stones, well constructed sticks and stones, artisan even, but still wood and rock.

    If you bothered to read my response I said that I hadn't done any digging, it was from a FB Blades related page where others were making exactly the same point.

    Seems there's more than a few one trick ponies about but, as I'm one of a minority on this particular forum, you keep revelling in the name calling and insults. It's obviously your 'thing'- on obsession even.
    I wouldn't even waste your time, TT.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I wouldn't even waste your time, TT.


    My (lack of ) response since shows I have reached the same conclusion.

  16. #16
    Anyone got any fairy tales about McCabe lying to their face because they'd foxed him with an oh so clever question? Lol.

    If not, let's discuss flies taking off backwards.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I wouldn't even waste your time, TT.
    Not sure why he did

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post


    My (lack of ) response since shows I have reached the same conclusion.

    U okay hun?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Anyone got any fairy tales about McCabe lying to their face because they'd foxed him with an oh so clever question? Lol.

    If not, let's discuss flies taking off backwards.
    Ha! Whatever. It wasn't an 'oh so clever' question, it was a question that he didn't want to answer, but y'know, whatever.

    Does it take a lot of effort to be such a superior and condescending tail-end? I only ask because I wouldn't bother if it does.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Not sure why he did
    It's McCabe. Can't help himself.

    Mind you, now FooFoo has turned up he's taken the moral high ground in his ivory tower of superiority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •