+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaun Derry

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Absolute nonsense.

Derry took over with over half of the season left and managed to drag out a relegation fight with a team that good all the way up until the final game of the season, it was a terrible, drawn out escape with an excellent PR campaign behind it, that team massively under performed and most of the players in that squad either stayed in League One or moved up in the league after we were relegated.

The next season he should have been sacked sooner if anything, he was atrocious and got the sack after a run of 3 wins in 24 league games, Paul Hart didn't help him out a great deal either with his insistence of playing for draws in games that looked winnable but to blame Moniz for relegation with everything that went on before him is just crazy, he had 6 games in charge!

Let's not forget his ridiculous army of loan loan players that you will have completely forgotten about most of them even being footballers if I showed you a list of them today.

Derry was sacked after 3 wins in 24 league games
    You learned to use the resize text function then?

I can see your point. But remind me what position we occupied in the League One table before that awful run? I note you don't mention it and I feel it's important for context.

If a manager can take a team like Notts to the top of League One then in my book he deserves a chance to get through a bad patch too. Looks like Nolan's about to go through one now as well, but even if we drop out of the play-offs and to the bottom half of the table by the end of this season i'll still want him to start next season.

As a manager Derry had fairly dramatic peaks and troughs with us. A lot of people who say he's crap just seem to remember the troughs.

That people look back at Derry and wonder why we sacked him shows how low the bar has been set at Notts in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    You learned to use the resize text function then?
    Thought I'd make it clear as a few people seem to not be remembering just how sh*te we were when he got the sack

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I can see your point. But remind me what position we occupied in the League One table before that awful run? I note you don't mention it and I feel it's important for context.
    We were in and around the top but it was after 14 games and a run of 5 wins against the teams listed below.

Crewe - 20th
    Gillingham - 12th
    Crawley - 22nd (below us)
    Barnsley - 11th
    S****horpe - 16th

Those 5 wins clearly put us in a false league position, there's not much point being near or at the top in October

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123