+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaun Derry

Shaun Derry

Sacked by Cambridge after drawing 0-0 with Lincoln.

Form wasn't great but they are mid table.

Seems a little harsh.

New owner wants a new man, left by mutual consent it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    New owner wants a new man, left by mutual consent it says.
    I hate the term "mutual consent", don't sugar coat what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieBaTS View Post
    I hate the term "mutual consent", don't sugar coat what it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43011807

Shame he's been sacked by "mutual consent" If he hadn't had that d i c k Abbott with him at Notts think he would have done a decent job under our saviour Trew.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Shame he's been sacked by "mutual consent" If he hadn't had that d i c k Abbott with him at Notts think he would have done a decent job under our saviour Trew.....
    I don't think for a second that Abbott did Sean many favours but didn't Trew lower his budgie considerably, the season after the great escape? That wouldn't have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I don't think for a second that Abbott did Sean many favours but didn't Trew lower his budgie considerably, the season after the great escape? That wouldn't have helped.
    If we’d had the budget to keep the great escape squad together, we could have carried on that momentum... but ‘sall hyphothetiwotsit now in’tit.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    If we’d had the budget to keep the great escape squad together, we could have carried on that momentum... but ‘sall hyphothetiwotsit now in’tit.
    We won 6 out of our last 9 league games with Derry but only 1 win in the 10 games before that (8 of those being defeats) with that squad, he was a cr*p manager, one of Trew's many mistakes.

Didn't we also have an astonishing number of players on the books?

It doesn't really surprise me. They haven't looked like progressing this season and the playoffs are pretty much there for the taking for any half-decent side. He's been average at best there, which was never going to be good enough in the long term. I reckon he'll find another job easy enough though, probably doing what he does best and galvanising a struggling squad, but he doesn't seem the type to bring long-term success.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast