+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Warne-ock

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I still think we need someone with football knowledge in the boardroom, who would show Warne the ropes in management, while also giving advice to Tony Stewart in football matters.
    Silly mistakes with such has the Blackstock saga, should never happen again, where has the football computer & bloke fetched in seems has not fetched the players in to the club, might has well have gone on pc & asked Jeeves.
    I think its time now to put Paul Douglas out to pasture, & get that some one into the club who knows about football, the appointment was ready made in Warnock, be it though he wanted to fill his dreams of a record number of promotions.
    What does the second paragraph mean? Don't understand any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    What does the second paragraph mean? Don't understand any of it.
    Blackstock saga Mellowmiller, the club giving a 3 year contract to a player over the hill, sanctioned by Paul Douglas was comical, so we don't want this type of thing happening again.
    Then the bloke we have got into the club, with this computer that gives him the knowledge on players, total bunkem. Getting players into the club requires scouts on foot, watching players & reporting back to the club.
    The ask Jeeves is a search engine for information, so I am saying you might has well ask Jeeves than depend on a bloke looking at a computer that's cost the club a bomb.

[QUOTE=Ericsladkilnhurst;38795015]
    Silly mistakes with such has the Blackstock saga, should never happen again, where has the football computer & bloke fetched in seems has not fetched the players in to the club, might has well have gone on pc & asked Jeeves.

The Blackstock saga hasn't been repeated since his appointment and the players brought in are less expensive as a whole to Rotherham United. Only when they are sold will we see what type of profit the club will make on them. At that point we'll see his true value.

I don't get this having a go at Paul Douglas on here.

He's there to do the legals & keep the admin going.

He doesn't decide what the budget is, doesn't identify players & doesn't decide what terms are offered to them. Not his role.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    I don't get this having a go at Paul Douglas on here.

He's there to do the legals & keep the admin going.

He doesn't decide what the budget is, doesn't identify players & doesn't decide what terms are offered to them. Not his role.
    Spot on Peri. Agree 100%. Easy target

[QUOTE=Pattylallacks2;38794939]There seems to be an awful lot of hindsight on here at the moment.

My response to the following question last April.

How it would benefit the club having Paul Warne as manager next season.

I cannot think of any reasons why this would happen

My response=

I am not sure whether these are benefits but its probably based on the fact that he knows the club, is enthusiastic, relatively inexpensive, and a belief that he will be up against inferior competition and managerial skills next season. All of this is supposition just as much as the current thinking of some that he is no good as a manager because he has been thrown in at the deep end. As I have previously said, this might just do him good. Who knows? Not me and I suspect not anyone on here despite their massive "knowledge" of the game.

If it is Warney, and I suspect its a cert because why let him sign players, then we must back him 100% because you know and I know that if he does not deliver, he will be gone.

Tbf there weren't many complaints when we signed Dexter Blackstock. Quite the opposite in fact. People were genuinely excited that we'd signed a bona fide Championship striker, one everyone had heard of. Neither we nor those responsible for signing him were to know how disastrous a signing it would turn out to be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12