+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne-ock

Paul Warne-ock

Parallels between the team spirit now and under Warnock's tenure? Strong team togetherness and giving all for the cause? Whatever PW and the others are doing, I sense we have a good manager on our hands - what a difference to 12 months ago!

What a difference to 12 weeks ago!

I fully agree. Seems to have harnessed the all in it together spirit, got the 100% backing in the changing room and isn't carrying any passengers.

Could turn out to be a master stroke by TS, albeit more by luck than judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    When TS didn’t get a new guy in at start of season people questioned the ambition of the chairman and the club, some even wondered if he was giving up.

I said at the time TS wanted someone loyal who was going to stay and not do a jacket. Which was later confirmed. This is not a I told you so no it’s not it’s simply me asking, can you see the message Warne and Stewart sent to the team to me it looked like they were both telling the squad we are still here.

You have managers who come in then p off for more money and players get mixed training and in worse cases it f up the entire season because they have to learn the managers style and do different training. However warne has them for half a season last year and a nasty plan to make them train by running up hills.

Basically I’m well impressed by the foresight by warne and Stewart.

However I still wish we had some silly money lol

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post

How unfair is that! I'd say that given TS's tremendous success in business and risk taking and where we are today, that he has good judgement.
    Last edited by sota; 10-02-2018 at 03:37 AM.

I really want to believe this thread but somehow I am still to be convinced we really have a plan.

But hey, it’s working at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    How unfair is that! I'd say that given TS's tremendous success in business and risk taking and where we are today, that he has good judgement.
    Fairy nuff. But that's easy to say with the benifit of hindsight.

There seems to be an awful lot of hindsight on here at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Actually Sota, TS's overall record of appointing good football managers is questionable to say the least and bears no resemblance to the success of his lighting business.
    Thankfully things are working well with his current choice of manager and long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Actually Sota, TS's overall record of appointing good football managers is questionable to say the least and bears no resemblance to the success of his lighting business.
    Thankfully things are working well with his current choice of manager and long may it continue.
    Indeed. But some appointments have brought stunning success namely Steve Evans and Uncle Neil.

I still think we need someone with football knowledge in the boardroom, who would show Warne the ropes in management, while also giving advice to Tony Stewart in football matters.
    Silly mistakes with such has the Blackstock saga, should never happen again, where has the football computer & bloke fetched in seems has not fetched the players in to the club, might has well have gone on pc & asked Jeeves.
    I think its time now to put Paul Douglas out to pasture, & get that some one into the club who knows about football, the appointment was ready made in Warnock, be it though he wanted to fill his dreams of a record number of promotions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast