+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting X1

Starting X1

Surely a big change needed today id go with

Garrett
    Sterry Ng Ray Zooms
    Ainley Walker Green Barlaser
    Bowery McKirdie

Richards
    Sterry Ng Raynes Zooms
    Ainley Green Lowery Kirk
    Bowery Miller

Don't think that it will be far away from the above. Wouldn't think that Ray would start after doing 120 mins., he will probably prefer Raynes as Artell says that Yeovil are particularly physical, may be an arguement for Walker on the same basis in midfield, hope that Richards comes back in, toss up between Miller and McKirdie.

Have to hand it to DA, I thought he'd really lost it when I saw the line-up. So what do I know ? The fluency of movement in that 1st half was a joy at times. Biggest problem was that the ball found zooms in the forward-most position!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The fluency of movement in that 1st half ..........

And that seems to be the issue at the minute.
    Play well 1st half, fail to keep it going after the break.
    You've gotta wonder why ...?!!

Except that we did keep it going in the second half. Funnily enough I thought Zooms had his best game for a long time. I don't thing anyone was poor today, although I can't quite see how Bowery made Man of the Match! Ng, Pickering, Miller, Green ahead of him I would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Except that we did keep it going in the second half. Funnily enough I thought Zooms had his best game for a long time. I don't thing anyone was poor today, although I can't quite see how Bowery made Man of the Match! Ng, Pickering, Miller, Green ahead of him I would have said.
    Exactly. Only person less deserving than Bowery (in my opinion) was Ainley. His least effective game for a long time. Toss up between Zooms and Pickering for me.

You have to assume that the mom choosers were occasionals and had been on the pop. However even Bowery did OK in a genuine team performance.pickering should be next n line for a contract extension. What a difference it makes having ball winning midfielder like green as well. Although our finishing fell short ,there was plenty to take encouragement from. If the injury list reduces , The latest squad post transfer window suddenly looks a lot stronger.......all is not lost ! Though our fate could go right to the wire.

I actually thought Bowery had one of his better games of late, but still WAY WAY below the standard we need from a centre forward. He just never seems to look like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by objective View Post
    You have to assume that the mom choosers were occasionals and had been on the pop. However even Bowery did OK in a genuine team performance.pickering should be next n line for a contract extension. What a difference it makes having ball winning midfielder like green as well. Although our finishing fell short ,there was plenty to take encouragement from. If the injury list reduces , The latest squad post transfer window suddenly looks a lot stronger.......all is not lost ! Though our fate could go right to the wire.
    Saw the family who picked the man of the match come back from the dressing room area after presenting Bowery with his award. Overheard what looked like the mother say that she thought that he had lovely eyes.
    A couple more thoughts, didn't get the booing at the end, may be frustration. Also I too had severe doubts over team selection, but as previous, what do I know, and after just watching the highlights it was a nailed on penalty. Their man had his arm extended completely outwards horizontally when the ball struck.
    Last edited by Me For Crewe; 11-02-2018 at 10:00 AM.

I was disgusted by the booing at the final whistle. It seems to me there is more interest from some quarters in getting the manager removed from his position than supporting the team. Fact is, we played quite well yesterday. Not outstanding, but well. Should have won, but never really looked like losing. So instead of booing, they should have been applauding the efforts of the players who put in a performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast