+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liam Grimshaw and our midfiled

Liam Grimshaw and our midfiled

NO one can argue Grimshaw’s first term Fir Park 2015–16 contributed to us staying up. In fact when sold Jan 2016 xfer window, our performances noticeably dropped. Therefore, now ask 2 years on, suggest our midfield would benefit him starting. IMO would compliment Campbell and we'd have TWO ‘terrier’ like midfielders disrupting opposition dominance and both capable to drive forward. I was delighted we'd secured him permanent basis. We will never know as Robinson prefers Rose (?) & McHugh (?)

Grimshaw has played around dozen games this season and while I've nothing against him he has done little to suggest he'd make a significant regular improvement to our XI. And he's definitely not as good as McHugh as sitting in front of the defence to break up play. A better passer yes but tbh I wouldn't bet against you or I being a better passer than McHugh so that's obviously not Robinson's defining characteristic for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Grimshaw has played around dozen games this season and while I've nothing against him he has done little to suggest he'd make a significant regular improvement to our XI.
    Pretty much this. He's a wholehearted player and thats all you can ask. However he hasn't made the same impact he did 2 seasons ago.

Don’t think we can accommodate Campbell and Grimshaw in the same starting eleven as IMO they are two similar in style, and when they do play together it appears as if they don’t know what there roles are in the middle of the park. Both want to be on the A’s much as possible and when either of them isn’t involved as much as the other they then seem to disappear in the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Pretty much this. He's a wholehearted player and thats all you can ask. However he hasn't made the same impact he did 2 seasons ago.
    He’s not been given a chance to make an impact .. MFC website state had ONE start, remainder being a sub late on. With exception Campbell, we have no combative player in midfield and why we’re often overrun with ease. Many agree our midfield lacking and changes required.
    Last edited by dasdeid; 10-02-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    He’s not been given a chance to make an impact .. MFC website state had ONE start, remainder being a sub late on. With exception Campbell, we have no combative player in midfield and why we’re often overrun with ease. Many agree our midfield lacking and changes required.
    That's just wrong...even off the top of my head he started at Pittodrie, the cup final, Ibrox. And others I'm sure.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)