+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barnet 10/02/18

For those that missed it, the players are going to be made to watch the game back tonight before they're allowed to go home after the coach returns to Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    For those that missed it, the players are going to be made to watch the game back tonight before they're allowed to go home after the coach returns to Nottingham.
    So PON now stands for Pissed Off Nolan? At least he is hurting the same as the fans.

Awesome.

Crikey, Nolan's interview. He's absolutely livid.

Ubelievable and spot on and honest. They will not mess with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    He made a point that some may have started believing their own hype and he's been getting back chat from certain players.
    Jorge Grant? No-one else has actually been hyped. He can piss off back to Forest if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Jorge Grant? No-one else has actually been hyped. He can piss off back to Forest if that's the case.
    I think I heard something during the commentary that Grant wasn't following instructions.

Thing is individually, I believe that most of the Notts first-team squad would walk straight in to most of the other L2 teams so what is the problem?

a) is it the style of play they are being asked to play?
    b) is the formation the best for this league?
    c) are the players fit enough?
    d) is the training regime suitable?
    e) is the coaching staff good enough?
    f) do the players have the right temperament?
    g) is the Manager good enough?

These questions need answers

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Steel, pace and awareness imo.

Husin is no sort of replacement for Yates. He scored a great goal last week - which some fans seemed to think made him the next Masson! He did very little other than score - yes, he knocked a few passes around early on but that is his job! Always makes me smile when people claim that is some of sort of technical achievement to make 3 decent passes. He has poor defensive instincts (highlighted at Swanase!), little agility/mobility and no pace. I'm afraid we need more than spectacular shots from a central midfield player.

Hawkridge is still a glorified pub player - no matter what some folks on here seem to think. Grant has gone all "prima donna", puts little effort in and is wasteful with ball - again, when he's not scoring he offers very little to the team, other than he dos have a turn of pace and he can beat a man but he needs to make more stuff happen. We have to play him because he can win a game for you with 1 moment of class.

Stead is getting less effective by the week - and he started from a low base imo. Pity Bennett has just go injured.

We look more like a mid table team every game to me, the inconsistency is a bit alarming.
    Stead as been your scapegoat from day one

If luck turned back in our favour and we got promoted, how many improvements would be needed to be made to the squad in order compete in L1? If we're not ready to go up yet then what will be, will be.
    You are right and this is a sensible post in my opinion. I think at the moment because we have been in the top three for half of the season it's starting to seem like things are unraveling.

It's tough to get promotion and it's even tougher to stay in the league above. If we are to get promoted we've got to make sure that we are strong enough and capable of withholding our own in that league. The worst thing that could happen is to go up and then be in a relegation battle all season.

For me I want to see us perform at our best and we know that when we are at our best we can beat anyone in this league and that is why we ended up top of the table and in the automatic promotion places for so long. That's not having too high expectations it is what we did.

What I don't want to see is for us to huff and puff in games, have little hunger and desire and passion to have a go at a team. I also don't want performances levels to drop because we think we've made it by getting to 50 points and knowing that we won't get relegated.

Getting to 50 points was supposed to take the pressure off and free us up to play with confidence and express ourselves and push on and really have a go at getting out of this league, not to walk around like it's the first week in May thinking the job is done.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Stead as been your scapegoat from day one
    Don't talk daft man. Just try reading and comprehending posts. I know that might be difficult for you.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast