+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not impressed by Harsleys selection

I agree with a lot of the above comments - Bradshaw shouldn't be starting & I can't believe he wasn't subbed - Moore & McBurnie should easily be the starters! Mahoney came with a strong reputation but showed absolutely nothing today. I thought the defence looked decent with Mills very strong & accomplished at the side of Liam.
    2 defensive midfielders? Mallan can be quick into the tackle & has shown that he's not a luxury player at all - he should start every match as his passes/crosses will be neat & drink for Kieffer & Ollie! I want to see the highlights cos their penalty looked at the very best soft - not just a Hammill penalty, but very late on Kieffer was clearly being held in the box in front of the linesman! Where do they get such poor officials? One last thing - Wallace kicked Townsend blatantly & received a yellow card? Should have been sent off!

Yes Anston, Im also liking the experience and steadier head that Matt Mills has already showed. Could we do a longer term deal with him in the summer maybe, depending on whether we stay up of course.
    As for the garbage officials, I don't like to keep making these excuses about poor officials but it was blatantly poor again today, even though we might be a bit biased of course.

My view on Harsley is if he stays in the job we will finish rock bottom, our owners will have to bring in a big name or its Division 1 next season we have the players to keep us up but no one to organise then into a winning team when your playing a bad team at Oakwell you don't pick 2 defensive mid field players in the same team, as soon as I so the team without a ball being kicked I knew it was going to be a draw.

I’d have picked Mallan also

I dont think big name managers guarantee anything though unless it’s Neil Warnock who’ll always keep you up

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’d have picked Mallan also

I dont think big name managers guarantee anything though unless it’s Neil Warnock who’ll always keep you up
    I'm not saying a big name will guarantee us stoping up but they will know how to asses players and blend them into a team more so than Harsley with no experience what so ever and give us a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    They picked the side themselves, no interference from above

Why is it obvious, we played ok until Isgrove and McBurnie ran out of steam

He won’t get the job but don’t see much he did wrong

I hope we get the change of manager in quickly so as to get the team ready for a week and a half’s time. Also I’ve convinced myself that our current manager is called Edward parsley.

Bring thi sister in laws dog ovva forra "taster" session Gwynn. An hour shud be abart reyt.

Left it too late for me l can't see any new appointment keeping us up it's been a complete shambles since fire sale when we had a competitive championship team to a pub lg team next season the money they have made from all the sales will oversee the losses after relegation but they must not have taken into account how many supporters they will loose through gate who have had enough

Agree Dooali. Blind faith was the order of the day and we're sleep walkin' into another relegation. Granted we haven't got Winnall, Hourihane n' Scowen but played in their natural positions with a bit of tactical savvy. We'd easily enough to stay up. It's a shame. Defeatist I know but feels such a waste.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast