+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S****horpe United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    How much added time. Sitting here looking at the bbc site. Seemed to go on forever.
    You've really got to get ifollow Wan! Watch the games or at least listen to them online. It's a dream.

I strangely felt normal today! All the ups we've had since NYS this was just a normal day

In the chant of the day competition Rotherham Utd won hands down with 'We've got a Semi on' after going into a 2 - 0 lead

I was watching one of their stewards at the end of the game when we were singing this he was very bemused at what the fans were singing.

Great battling performance, confidence is high.
    Make no mistake this wasn't an easy game. They had some decent players & so did we.
    Good vocal support throughout the game.
    MoM first half....Richard Wood
    Overall MOM ...Ritchie Towell, contributed all through the game.

Pre- match highlight....watching millertop move a 6ft plus guy who was sitting in his seat.

I've had a Semi on....
    I've had a Semi on....

Even some of our female fans had a semi on as well which aint bad.

We was only top team to win and I bet channel 5 tonight won’t talk about us at all lol

Watched brief highlights. Newell has found his right foot! Semi took his goal well. Rodak was spilling the ball, seen pens given for less his 2nd spill.

Loved the game today apart from the tosspot ref who never gives us anything, doesn't like us for some reason? clearly taking the piss with 8mins and took it a step further by playing 10mins. He was looking right at the shirt pull in the box. Win or lose I just want to see them do their job properly.
    A great performance, hard to pick the MOM, Smudge brilliant, probably Towell though towards the end of the game he was a class above all their players absolutely excellent.

The Baldy Bishop chant started by the lads near me, then cheering when he headed it away, class, I love away games.

UTM!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Loved the game today apart from the tosspot ref who never gives us anything, doesn't like us for some reason? clearly taking the piss with 8mins and took it a step further by playing 10mins. He was looking right at the shirt pull in the box. Win or lose I just want to see them do their job properly.
    A great performance, hard to pick the MOM, Smudge brilliant, probably Towell though towards the end of the game he was a class above all their players absolutely excellent.

The Baldy Bishop chant started by the lads near me, then cheering when he headed it away, class, I love away games.

UTM!
    Only ever really see it in the increasingly rare London visits, but is there any better feeling than being in an away end, with masses of fellow Millers, and seeing a ball loop up for a mighty winning header into the top corner?

Wish I was there!

Great to watch on iFollow and multitude of times on Sky Sports app highlight!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep took me longer to wait to get home in bloody car park than to get home! The 8 minutes added on was a disgrace I think their physio came on for a max of 2.5 mins to see to their player only add 30 secs for 5 subs and you have 5 mins max and we didnt particularly time waste. Shocking ref who gave no protection to Smith whatsoever and had the audacity to book him for nowt. MOM Towell for me dont think we would have won this without him he has taken up the mantle of the new Frecks. Pity he wont be ours next season but lets enjoy him eh?All defence immense although sleeping a bit for their goal but to their credit they rallied again. Great result and great atmosphere in the away end. Can we get up this season? Dunno but we are gonna give it a bloody good try.
    2.5 minutes for the injury. 2 goals that's 2 minutes. 7 bookings, 30 seconds each. 5 subs 30 seconds each.

Total 10.5 minutes but 2 of the bookings were together so maybe should have been 10 minutes total. So don't think the ref was too far out with what he played. Most refs would have played 5 minutes max though.

I didn't think the ref had a particular good game. He missed a stone wall pen for them in the first half and there was no protection for Smith. Elbows and shirt pulls in just about every challenge.

Agree about Towell, thought him and Vaulks had great games. Thought Smith worked really hard. Towards the end he was really tiring but still putting loads of effort in chasing lost causes. Don't think he will ever be the most gifted of footballers but as with Revs if he can keep up that work ethic he will be a handful against most teams. Williams for Newell was a great sub. Newell was tiring and Williams just kept winning corners and throw ins which was just what we needed.

A hard fought win sums this one up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast