+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointing today - no quality

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I really don’t see the problem. Nothing that a good couple of home games against Southampton and Everton can not put right. Would I rather be a Burnley fan knowing our financial limitations or a Chelsea fan just having got dicked 0-3 at home by Bournemouth and then 4-1 away at Watford. Not fine margins these.
    Thing is out wood that makes you sound like one of the brigade with sights set too high , we've just lost to Swansea , Southampton look a decent side to me and Everton have improved.

We haven't.

Chelsea a different animal again

I think we will all feel a lot better when we get to 40 points. Let's hope we can achieve this in the next couple of matches.

If Ward, Tarks and Wood are back then we will have a much better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Yes but I'm not moaning about Swansea Norder, it's the Burnley moanathon I'm posting about, besides which as Swansea have a wage budget virtually three times bigger than ours, they should be far better able to cope with an injury crisis than we are shouldn't they ?
    My point is, if you could go back to earlier in the season when we were going well, and before most of the injuries had kicked in, and asked any Burnley fan, 'Take Heaton, Defour, Tarkowski, Wood, Brady and Ward out of this team, and what sort of team do you think we would have ?' I think the unanimous answer would have been 'Probably not a very good one.'
    So we've lost those six players, and we find our team is not very good without them. Why is anyone surprised ?
    From looking at Swansea's starting eleven - Sinkov.... I certainly didn't see them as any more of a high wage superteam than we are - their biggest number was 14 mil Clucas - Sung who put the goal in cost them about 6mil and other than Fernandez at 9m the rest of the team averaged out at around 4mil....our big numbers on the field were Cork at 8mil and Hendick at 10m - with injured Wood 14mil and Brady 13m to Swansea's injured and on loan Sanches...and 7mil Bony - but not that any of that matters, as is how players perform - as am sure Watford have realised after spending 18mil on Gray.
    As far as earlier this season compared to now goes - regardless of our losses - "I think" we're still holding out well in defence/goal, but upfield - we've certainly lost some talent in D4 - and how many more goals would Wood have made (+/-) I dont know - as just as they aren't flying in now they weren't flying in then, - so for me...there's isn't that much of a noticable difference, Barnes and Vokes continue to remain bogus....but there is a positive, in that at least those players that are out, will come back fresh and strong - though sadly we'll probably continue to be as stiff and mechanical as ever....and am not sure how thats going to up the number of goals - would have to ask the manager on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    ...the expectation levels have risen to levels of fantasy with many fans but our manager is still just looking at an improvement on last season --which I think we will manage!
    Couldn't agree more, making it into the top six in the Premiership was fun, but a position we were never likely maintain, through to end the season finishing with a few more points and a couple of places higher up the table than we achieved last season should be seen as 'success' and the good start we've made this season should still see us achieve that.
    For a club/town the size of Burnley to be playing in even the Championship could be considered to be punching above our weight, BFC in Premiership is a great performance, getting in amongst the Big-6, even if only temporarily is outstanding and managing to do so without financially jeapordising the club's long term stability truly awesome.

Is it no wins in 11(eleven) including fa cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    From looking at Swansea's starting eleven - Sinkov.... I certainly didn't see them as any more of a high wage superteam than we are - their biggest number was 14 mil Clucas - Sung who put the goal in cost them about 6mil and other than Fernandez at 9m the rest of the team averaged out at around 4mil....our big numbers on the field were Cork at 8mil and Hendick at 10m - with injured Wood 14mil and Brady 13m to Swansea's injured and on loan Sanches...and 7mil Bony - but not that any of that matters, as is how players perform - as am sure Watford have realised after spending 18mil on Gray.
    As far as earlier this season compared to now goes - regardless of our losses - "I think" we're still holding out well in defence/goal, but upfield - we've certainly lost some talent in D4 - and how many more goals would Wood have made (+/-) I dont know - as just as they aren't flying in now they weren't flying in then, - so for me...there's isn't that much of a noticable difference, Barnes and Vokes continue to remain bogus....but there is a positive, in that at least those players that are out, will come back fresh and strong - though sadly we'll probably continue to be as stiff and mechanical as ever....and am not sure how thats going to up the number of goals - would have to ask the manager on that.

I just looked at the latest figures on the Talksport website Norder, it said our wage bill was £33m, Swansea's was £92m. Maybe they're making it up, I don't know.

Heaton, Defour and Brady are major losses. Anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to take up fishing.

Heaton organises, cajoles and enthuses. Defour makes the team tick over and Brady galvanises our Eire contingent.

A third of our first draft missing is impacting us badly.

Not sure of how any of this is SD's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    As far as earlier this season compared to now goes - regardless of our losses - "I think" we're still holding out well in defence/goal,
    But we're not Norder, while the forwards are copping most of the blame, it seems to have gone unnoticed how the defence is underperforming compared to earlier in the season. Certainly we're not shipping a lot of goals, but one clean sheet and 16 goals conceded in the last 10 games, compared to 6 clean sheets and 6 goals conceded in the previous 10 tells it's own story.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But we're not Norder, while the forwards are copping most of the blame, it seems to have gone unnoticed how the defence is underperforming compared to earlier in the season. Certainly we're not shipping a lot of goals, but one clean sheet and 16 goals conceded in the last 10 games, compared to 6 clean sheets and 6 goals conceded in the previous 10 tells it's own story.
    Surely Mee Tarks Ward and Lowton are partly responsible for that

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Surely Mee Tarks Ward and Lowton are partly responsible for that
    The injury list is responsible for most of our problems imo OC, but the forwards are being blamed by a few for not scoring enough goals, hence the claims that we 'need' another striker. The number of goals we've scored in the last 10 games has fallen by 2 compared to the previous 10 games, whereas the number of goals conceded has increased by 10. I'm just pointing out that if blame is being apportioned to one section of the team for our current winless run, then maybe we should be looking at the back end of the team, not the front.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)