+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent form

Recent form

Last 11 games, almost 1/4 of a season - 13 points which is 54 points over the course of a season - probably 17th - 19th form.

Contrast to 1st 11 games - 25 points -104 points over the course of the season.

So we've managed to massively turn it around, just the wrong way unfortunately.

Wow listening to keV is at least heart warming his is absolutely laying into the team and telling them they are crap and he is disgusted apparently they listen to him for 5 mins then do whatever they like!!!! His quote.good on you kev

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Wow listening to keV is at least heart warming his is absolutely laying into the team and telling them they are crap and he is disgusted apparently they listen to him for 5 mins then do whatever they like!!!! His quote.good on you kev
    He can't help what he inherited but unfortunately, a golden opportunity to get rid of some of them when their contracts expired was missed in the summer. The winter window has largely been frittered away too, no-one has arrived who will make any real difference. People will say Bennett but he wasn't first choice and does have a bad injury record. He came off after 12 minutes the last time he started for Derby, and that was in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    That sounds like getting towards losing the dressing room and doesn't inspire any confidence in me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    That sounds like getting towards losing the dressing room and doesn't inspire any confidence in me at all.
    Some are going to be lapping it up tonight!

I reckon this board might be its busiest for quite a number of Saturdays.

We have a great run and it's dead ...... but a chance to have a good moan and it comes alive!

Who'd be a Notts supporter?

Still, as someone once said 'We are Notts County, we move on'

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Some are going to be lapping it up tonight!

I reckon this board might be its busiest for quite a number of Saturdays.

We have a great run and it's dead ...... but a chance to have a good moan and it comes alive!

Who'd be a Notts supporter?

Still, as someone once said 'We are Notts County, we move on'
    Slightly ironic that you've returned to posting recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Why is a manager losing the dressing room if he's telling them how it is and the truth. Tough if they don't like it.

It sounds to me like a manager who is 100% right and telling it how it is and inspires me with full confidence. Rightly so he should lay into them. This week we were humiliated at Swansea in front of the nation and huffed and puffed against bottom of the football league side and lost. It's completely unacceptable. I traveled over to Swansea but did not go to Barnet today, but some would have done both. Sat in the freezing cold Tuesday and rain on Saturday watching garbage deserves some home truths being told.

Some of those players need to book their ideas up. Full support to KN.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Slightly ironic that you've returned to posting recently...
    Not very often though.

Someone's got to be a bit positive
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 10-02-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Apart from a few months at the start of the season, we've never really looked like a promotion-chasing side. We've always been a couple of games away from being found out, and now it's finally happened we all feel pretty pissed off. But none of us expected promotion this season, did we? To be honest, it's looking unlikely we'll even make the playoffs at this rate.

I just hope the whole thing doesn't completely blow up. If we finish midtable this season, it would be pretty hard to take, but it's still an improvement on last season. And who knows, if we have a good summer we can make a more sustained promotion push next season.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 10-02-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Apart from a few month at the start of the season, we've never really looked like a promotion-chasing side. We've always been a couple of games away from being found out, and now it's finally happened we all feel pretty pissed off. But none of us expected promotion this season, did we?
    Probably not, no.

But we're behind Accrington in the league, who average crowds of 1,600 - 4 times less than us.

We were in a great position not too long ago, 7 points clear of 3rd place, I think the negative reactions are actually quite reserved.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast