+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent form

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I think it's the players that need to take on board this advice, not the supporters. This is the point in the season where they show whether they've got what it takes.
    100% agree. We need some leaders out on the pitch, as it’s all started to go flat. Grant needs to offer more; Noble needs to prove himself... and hopefully Hewitt can come back strong and sort out the midfield.

Hall should get a game on Tuesday (otherwise why sign him?), but otherwise there aren’t that many options. Perhaps the biggest surprise isn’t that we’re starting to slip down the league, but that we stayed up there so long? Aftervall, other than Yates, how many of the signings will actually be deemed a success by the season’s end?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Why is a manager losing the dressing room if he's telling them how it is and the truth. Tough if they don't like it.

It sounds to me like a manager who is 100% right and telling it how it is and inspires me with full confidence. Rightly so he should lay into them. This week we were humiliated at Swansea in front of the nation and huffed and puffed against bottom of the football league side and lost. It's completely unacceptable. I traveled over to Swansea but did not go to Barnet today, but some would have done both. Sat in the freezing cold Tuesday and rain on Saturday watching garbage deserves some home truths being told.

Some of those players need to book their ideas up. Full support to KN.
    Because if he tells the truth and enough of them don't like it he may as well pack his bags. Fingers crossed we have a dressing room that wants to play for him. Two "roastings" in a week and the current form isn't too encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Middle of February and we are 4th, that to me is totally amazing after last season. It’s now we really have to get behind the lads, it’s easy to moan and criticise, we all have bad days. I want my club to get promoted and I will support the manager to the end. This club has been transformed in such a short period of time, and yet some of us still moan. Get there Tuesday night, those who can and cheer our lads on. Criticisism is ok at times but we don’t need it now. Time for the men to stand up and the moaning whimps to stay home.
    More than happy to back the team to the hilt. However criticism is not a bad thing as it warrants improvement. I want my club to get promoted but my comments are correct. We have unfortunately lost the back bone of the side and not replaced him and brought in various other OK players instead. No amount of backing the team can change that. Middle of January and we are on our worst run in 12 months is how I see it.

Just seen the highlights. Awful defending for their goal, and it looks like we were lucky not to concede sooner. Nolan must start Hall on Tuesday night.

MY concern is we have gone from an effective unit to a bunch of misfits in just a month or so. The new players aren't awful, but they're not necessarily what we need either. The success of the early part of the campaign was largely down to Yates and Hewitt winning the midfield battle pretty much every game, but now we're left with numerous midfielders who simply can't replace them. It's no surprise that the last three league defeats have come when Hewitt has been missing from midfield. So yet again we're one player away from not being able to compete.

We suddenly seem to have a bunch of players who don't fit the system we want to play. Noble is a decent footballer, but he's not going to work in a 4-4-2 - so why did we sign him? Same for Walker.

Shame about Bennett getting injured. Now we back down to two veterans and the unreliable Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Not sure how we can turn this around really. It's been a season of two halves as the stats suggest.

For us to make automatic we'd need to move from bottom half form to top 3 form straight away. Yates it seems was instrumental in our earlier success.
    Here we go again, Yates, Yates, Yates bloody Yates. We no longer have Masson or Hateley or Tommy Lawton either, why don’t you whinge about them?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Here we go again, Yates, Yates, Yates bloody Yates. We no longer have Masson or Hateley or Tommy Lawton either, why don’t you whinge about them?
    This doesn't actually make any sense, but then that's pretty much the same as the rest of your posts.

Let's be honest, the form is going down quicker than a pair of prostitutes knickers but good on kn for laying down the law. I don't worry about losing the dressing room or player power as KN obviously has the clear backing of AH so it'll be back chatting players who go before Kevin and good, sick of these footballers who when they perform at their job terribly pipe up. Do your job like we all do then we'll respect you more.

Oh and will someone take twitter access away from old pie ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Whoa Laxton Lad, I think CUSP is merely pointing out the probable reason that we are playing dog****e, ie our midfield was previously our strong point and now stinks worse than a 14 day~old Halibut .....despite filling it with every combination of "pick 2 or 3 from 7 players at random"

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Whoa Laxton Lad, I think CUSP is merely pointing out the probable reason that we are playing dog****e, ie our midfield was previously our strong point and now stinks worse than a 14 day~old Halibut .....despite filling it with every combination of "pick 2 or 3 from 7 players at random"
    ps Did anyone else notice that Grant~I~used~to~be~Good and Hawk~who~Runs~In~Circles actually swapped wings yesterday...or am I seeing things?

People need to remember that Kevin Nolan is a very inexperienced/young manager blaming him for the change of formation ( when he was short of strikers ) and them losses is excusable, he thought it would work, it didn’t he moved on. He is still learning he will make mistakes.

Injuries/illness and an unsettled team have also not helped on the recent run of form, I wonder how many times we have had the same eleven on the field during this poor run.

Yes losing Yates was unfortunate whether he was a very good player or he suited the system not sure, but what it did do was upset the balance of the team. Maybe we tried to bring in a like for like player, whilst bringing in other types of midfielders we don’t know.

All I know is I’m happy with Nolan/Hardy and the turnaround we have seen from previous seasons makes me optimistic for the future of the club. Haven’t felt like that in a while.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast