+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent form

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    People need to remember that Kevin Nolan is a very inexperienced/young manager blaming him for the change of formation ( when he was short of strikers ) and them losses is excusable, he thought it would work, it didn’t he moved on. He is still learning he will make mistakes.

Injuries/illness and an unsettled team have also not helped on the recent run of form, I wonder how many times we have had the same eleven on the field during this poor run.

Yes losing Yates was unfortunate whether he was a very good player or he suited the system not sure, but what it did do was upset the balance of the team. Maybe we tried to bring in a like for like player, whilst bringing in other types of midfielders we don’t know.

All I know is I’m happy with Nolan/Hardy and the turnaround we have seen from previous seasons makes me optimistic for the future of the club. Haven’t felt like that in a while.
    Great, now get on Twitter and tell Alan Hardy not to take any notice of the moaners. Then he can give you his big hands and can break his Twitter silence.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 11-02-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Big hands won't display

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    People need to remember that Kevin Nolan is a very inexperienced/young manager blaming him for the change of formation ( when he was short of strikers ) and them losses is excusable, he thought it would work, it didn’t he moved on. He is still learning he will make mistakes.

Injuries/illness and an unsettled team have also not helped on the recent run of form, I wonder how many times we have had the same eleven on the field during this poor run.

Yes losing Yates was unfortunate whether he was a very good player or he suited the system not sure, but what it did do was upset the balance of the team. Maybe we tried to bring in a like for like player, whilst bringing in other types of midfielders we don’t know.

All I know is I’m happy with Nolan/Hardy and the turnaround we have seen from previous seasons makes me optimistic for the future of the club. Haven’t felt like that in a while.
    I agree with all of that. Also with crazyfists: "Losing the dressing room" is only curtains for the manager when he's not backed by the chairman/board/owners. I can't see that being a problem at Notts in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Whoa Laxton Lad, I think CUSP is merely pointing out the probable reason that we are playing dog****e, ie our midfield was previously our strong point and now stinks worse than a 14 day~old Halibut .....despite filling it with every combination of "pick 2 or 3 from 7 players at random"
    Thinking isn't Laxton's strong point to be fair.

It wasn't always pretty earlier in the season but we usually got the job done, the Yates/Hewitt partnership cannot be understated. We're still in the mix though with most of the top teams still to play at home, win most of these and we could still make automatic.

We were never going to sustain the crazy home run of near solid victories, but since that came to end we've won 2 drawn 2 and lost 2 at home in the league (plus 2 further wins and a draw in the FA Cup), so we're still OK on our own patch and arguably unlucky to lose the two that we did, the real problem seems to be the away form letting us down since very early in the season and very possibly costing us a promotion place.
    We still have the 4th best offence, fourth best defence, 2nd most home pts but we're all the way down in 9th in the away pts table.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    My original prediction of 10th at the start of the season is staring to seem pretty reasonable and I still think it is what will be delivered. Clealry none of the new signings are bad. But there is no hard man midfielder even though we signed 5 midfielders. Fairly poor and interestingly until Yates left the fans didnt really pick up on it either. It will be a tough ask for this team to go up this year.
    And if they go up, Queenie, they certainly do not possess the quality to stay there, never mind thrive. Do fans want another season of crushing defeats and scraping results to beat relegation?
    This is not a blip in form, it is reality coming home to roost. Notts depended far too heavily on Yates, who was the touch paper to the team's performance. What Nolan must do is find another Yates and that won't happen now till c,lose season at the earliest. Yes, Queenie, your 10th seems about right to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Last 11 games, almost 1/4 of a season - 13 points which is 54 points over the course of a season - probably 17th - 19th form.

Contrast to 1st 11 games - 25 points -104 points over the course of the season.

So we've managed to massively turn it around, just the wrong way unfortunately.
    The recent form is totally alarming but its not April yet so there's plenty of time left... If I want any encouragement I just look at both Accrington and also Plymouth in league 1, Stanley look liked they hit the buffers before Christmas and were drifting down the table but they have had a great Jan and also Feb so far and have shot up to second.... as for Plymouth they have made an amazing recovery... the start of December they were bottom of the League and now they are 5 points off the playoffs after an amazing run so I'm still hopeful we can get out of this slump and power over the finish line.

Let’s face it, even when we were winning games on a regular basis, we weren’t pulling up any trees preformance wise. Take Yates away from that side and it’s not surprising we’ve gone from being average and winning to being average and not winning.

Still, I bet that Sky prediction thing still thinks we’ll be champions!

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    This doesn't actually make any sense, but then that's pretty much the same as the rest of your posts.
    I don’t go on and on about who doesn’t play for us anymore, does that not make sense to you? If not, cut and paste WE MISS YATES before each of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don’t go on and on about who doesn’t play for us anymore, does that not make sense to you? If not, cut and paste WE MISS YATES before each of your posts.
    The title of this thread is 'Recent form'. In any discussion about why our recent form has taken such a turn for worse, it would be amazing if the name of Ryan Yates didn't feature on several replies.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Why is a manager losing the dressing room if he's telling them how it is and the truth. Tough if they don't like it.

It sounds to me like a manager who is 100% right and telling it how it is and inspires me with full confidence. Rightly so he should lay into them. This week we were humiliated at Swansea in front of the nation and huffed and puffed against bottom of the football league side and lost. It's completely unacceptable. I traveled over to Swansea but did not go to Barnet today, but some would have done both. Sat in the freezing cold Tuesday and rain on Saturday watching garbage deserves some home truths being told.

Some of those players need to book their ideas up. Full support to KN.
    Managers that go public with 'telling it how it is' are digging themselves into a hole, that only an instant turnaround in results can get them out of. That Nolan has, is as shocking to me as the last two performances on the pitch.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast