+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent form

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Please could you explain why it's "lucky"? I replied to your post simply because I thought that not mentioning the absence of Yates on this particular thread would be ludicrous. I honestly don't have a clue who CUSSP is, I've never met him / her in my life, but I would have made exactly the same post in response if he had put what you put. You seem to be suggesting something different.
    Not suggesting anything. I’m just being grotty ‘cos Notts lost in such a pathetic manner. Apologies to anyone took my daft posts personally.

We had our fair share of good fortune before Xmas. How many opponents were sent off? It's not all about Yates IMO we didn't recruit right in the summer or in the Jan window, it's now come back to bite us on the arse, as I have said before you can spout all day long on twitter telling everyone how good you are, the season is 40+ games long and if we fail again tomorrow we will be right up against it. Maybe the paper is falling off of the cracks. I hope not but it's starting to look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You should check you arse again for driller . I would just love to see him/her have opinion other than yours.
    What an unusual thing to say. I don't recall having any run ins with you on here Navy, and I don't recall agreeing with Elite on many threads since you've been posting.

Funny though how as a relatively new poster you've got a problem with me, Elite and BFP. There was a guy who used to post on here who you'd get on well with!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just done the arse double check, no sign of Driller. As I remember he lives abroad so doesn't get to see Notts too often, so many of his posts are on the political threads. His political stance seems to be a realistic 'a bit left of centre', which happens to be where I sit, so if you look at it sensibly it's hardly surprising we don't have many disagreements
    Well exactly. Actually I'm a bit left of centre on some things (public services and wealth redistribution) and a bit right of centre on others (law and order) but by NCM standards that makes me Fidel Castro.

For what it's worth I sometimes find Elite's attritional style a bit much but I think he's right more often than most on here, very sensible both on football and other stuff. I'd rather read his considered, well thought out opinion than someone ranting about whatever they've just read in the Mail or Express, or fantasising about hacking heads off, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    What an unusual thing to say. I don't recall having any run ins with you on here Navy, and I don't recall agreeing with Elite on many threads since you've been posting.

Funny though how as a relatively new poster you've got a problem with me, Elite and BFP. There was a guy who used to post on here who you'd get on well with!
    Is Mr Navy the poster formerly known as Vlad Pie? I know the question has been asked before and Mr Swale (with his access to privileged info) has assured us this is not the case but could he have been fooled by sophisticated technological know-how? I have to say the coincidence of view point and attitude to others is quite striking.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Is Mr Navy the poster formerly known as Vlad Pie? I know the question has been asked before and Mr Swale (with his access to privileged info) has assured us this is not the case but could he have been fooled by sophisticated technological know-how? I have to say the coincidence of view point and attitude to others is quite striking.
    I am never entirely convinced by 'new' posters. Anyone has the right to join and comment, but after more than 15 years of NCM why would people suddenly discover the Internet and then choose this site over Twitter and Facebook?

Mind you, I think he served in the Navy so might have been away. I'm sure he mentioned that somewhere but I might be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Wow listening to keV is at least heart warming his is absolutely laying into the team and telling them they are crap and he is disgusted apparently they listen to him for 5 mins then do whatever they like!!!! His quote.good on you kev
    Telling the players they are 'crap' and treating them like children is not the answer and is actually very poor management

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I am never entirely convinced by 'new' posters. Anyone has the right to join and comment, but after more than 15 years of NCM why would people suddenly discover the Internet and then choose this site over Twitter and Facebook?

Mind you, I think he served in the Navy so might have been away. I'm sure he mentioned that somewhere but I might be mistaken.
    More than anything, new posters tend to start with the odd post here and there, so it's unusual that he should join just after another poster was banned and start posting straight very frequently from day one, as the banned poster did, carrying on the same personal feuds that the banned poster had, expressing the same opinions as the banned poster had and the same fiery temper that the banned poster had.

My bet would be on Vlad being ex navy enjoying his pension, which would explain his much publicised world travels and his abundance of free time now.

Trickytreesreds was going to try and get his ban overturned (obviously failed with that) so probably told him to set up a new account with a new persona and keep his head down. Which he more or less does, bar the odd lack of discipline where you can see a mile off it's Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Telling the players they are 'crap' and treating them like children is not the answer and is actually very poor management
    Is correct. Get away with it with kids especially if they look up to the manager but seriously risk putting backs up with seasoned players (especially those with ability not quite as high as their self-esteem).
    The roasting should have been kept behind closed (and locked!) doors. A public statement acknowledging a poor performance and a hint at remedial action, followed by a visible statement on the next team sheet would have been much better. In my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Is correct. Get away with it with kids especially if they look up to the manager but seriously risk putting backs up with seasoned players (especially those with ability not quite as high as their self-esteem).
    The roasting should have been kept behind closed (and locked!) doors. A public statement acknowledging a poor performance and a hint at remedial action, followed by a visible statement on the next team sheet would have been much better. In my opinion of course.
    Agree with you totally

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast