+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nolan is angry!

Nolan is angry!

Wow! I didn't really expect that interview on Radio Nottingham just now. He was furious.

- "Totally unacceptable today"
    - "Backchat in the dressing room"
    - "The players will be staying back tonight to watch that game again"

Today is a definitely turning point in our season. Let's hope he manages to galvanize the dressing room, rather than lose them.

Yes, and it's good that he's angry. People are allowed to get angry without being called a clown (not you involved, I know). We are Notts County, we don't move on, we don't accept failure. People should be held to account. Well said Kev.

Correct. As I said on the other thread for too long we have seen so many players come through the door that did not care, had no passion, no hunger and no desire to play for this club. They would be in the side week in and week out because nobody else wanted them. Managers would gloss over and pretend everything was fine and would not see what the fans and everyone else saw.

As I said on the other thread I'm not accusing any of the current crop of players in this category. I'm glad KN is angry and has given a few home truths. Hopefully those that may have gave him back chat go home and digest what he's said and take it on board in a positive way and get back to performing at the levels we expect.

We are not going to be a club where players can come along for an easy ride and get away with doing the bare minimum anymore and let this season fall away. Well Done KN.

I was impressed by Nolan after the Swansea debacle when he went on national TV and backed the players after the biggest defeat of his career. That must have made their performance today even more infuriating for him, and makes his response even more understandable.

Today is more disappointing than Tuesday for me - outfought by the bottom team in the league. Tootle is the only one with an excuse, given that he’s had a virus for weeks. Ideally wouldn’t have played today, but even a 70% Tootle is better than the painfully slow Hunt.

The wheels have fallen off, as many predicted, and it looks like we’re in danger of throwing away promotion just as Florest are careering toward the relegation zone. Typical.

Two tough games coming up - please let us finally beat Curle’s Carlisle at home, and try and arrest this slide.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I was impressed by Nolan after the Swansea debacle when he went on national TV and backed the players after the biggest defeat of his career. That must have made their performance today even more infuriating for him, and makes his response even more understandable.

Today is more disappointing than Tuesday for me - outfought by the bottom team in the league. Tootle is the only one with an excuse, given that he’s had a virus for weeks. Ideally wouldn’t have played today, but even a 70% Tootle is better than the painfully slow Hunt.

The wheels have fallen off, as many predicted, and it looks like we’re in danger of throwing away promotion just as Florest are careering toward the relegation zone. Typical.

Two tough games coming up - please let us finally beat Curle’s Carlisle at home, and try and arrest this slide.

At last we have a proper manager, he will sort it.

The public calling out of players is the football manager's weapon of last resort.
    There's nowhere else he can take it really if things stay the same or get worse, subbing players in the first half or Phil Brown-esque on pitch *******ings aside.

It probably means that this is a consequence of something that has been going on behind closed doors for a while, and could work well or blow up in his face as it did for Sheridan.

He has probably reached the (not unreasonable) conclusion that as far as this season goes it's **** or bust time, if the players respond and we finish top 7 all is well, if he loses the dressing room then we may as well finish 18th as 8th, and rebuild in the summer.

I wasn't at Barnet today, but if the performance was as bad as others say, then Kevin Nolan has every right to hold the players to account.

However, as I've said on another thread, the manager has a certain amount of culpability himself for the (failed) tactical gambles he took against Exeter and Crawley, which without doubt contributed to the unstable form we've been experiencing of late. I've got no problem with him giving the players a rollicking, but perhaps he needs to be a bit more honest with himself than he was in the interview with Charlie Slater after the Crawley game, when he was very tetchy and didn't seem to be taking much responsibility for his own mistakes. I think most players will accept being told to look at themselves in the mirror, so long as the people telling them do them same.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I wasn't at Barnet today, but if the performance was as bad as others say, then Kevin Nolan has every right to hold the players to account.

However, as I've said on another thread, the manager has a certain amount of culpability himself for the (failed) tactical gambles he took against Exeter and Crawley, which without doubt contributed to the unstable form we've been experiencing of late. I've got no problem with him giving the players a rollicking, but perhaps he needs to be a bit more honest with himself than he was in the interview with Charlie Slater after the Crawley game, when he was very tetchy and didn't seem to be taking much responsibility for his own mistakes. I think most players will accept being told to look at themselves in the mirror, so long as the people telling them do them same.
    I agree with all of your post . Also you can't blame anyone for answering criticism with you own opinion of it I know I never hung back and doubt very much whether K N did either . .You have done great Kev don't mess it up now .