+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parody a/c suspended by Tw*tter

It was an Fword fan taking the pee out of Notts.
    I won't be losing any sleep over its' demise.

It should have been suspended for being crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    This is like explaining the off-side rule to a woman - some folk should just not be on the internet, really.
    not really, it depends on how obsessed you are with following people on twitter.

I've occasionally used twitter for a good few years, first time heard of parody accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It should have been suspended for being crap.
    ^ like.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    not really, it depends on how obsessed you are with following people on twitter.
    So you're not interested in what AH has to say?

Though he seems to have gone quite quiet for the minute

I've occasionally used twitter for a good few years, first time heard of parody accounts.
    Well I knew it was a parody a/c because apart from having a different address it said it was a parody a/c.

Doesn't matter who set it up - it was a bit of fun, clever at times and just as silly as AH at other times.

You'll be wanting to ban comedians next for mimicking some famous politician is some satirical way.

AH has got bigger things to worry about than someone making fun of him like why we lost to the bottom side who are still bottom after beating us.

Well I knew it was a parody a/c because apart from having a different address it said it was a parody a/c.

Doesn't matter who set it up - it was a bit of fun, clever at times and just as silly as AH at other times.

You'll be wanting to ban comedians next for mimicking some famous politician is some satirical way.

AH has got bigger things to worry about than someone making fun of him like why we lost to the bottom side who are still bottom after beating us.
    I don't do twitter at all, never even think to look for it. However I understood it was a parody account because it was mentioned here. I also haven't seen anything other than that posted here so I don't know if it got nasty. All I do know is I thought it was a bloody good/funny mickey take.

Yes I am interested in what AH has to say but not some clown who thinks here's clever and funny.

I found it quite amusing.

It's back!

Another big game on Tuesday but we’re still 4th! We’d had taken that in August and we have the top 3 yet to play. No need to panic, we aren’t.

Oh no, that's the real one.

https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5/status/962705143526502401

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yes I am interested in what AH has to say but not some clown who thinks here's clever and funny.
    Most of what AH says is on Twitter - that's his choice not mine. I take the same stance as KN and prefer he wasn't, but since much of his thinking comes out on that platform and I'm interested in what he has to say I'll keep an eye on it.

Whether or not you found the parody a/c clever and funny is irrelevant. As far as I could see it did not breach the rules of Twitter, it was clearly marked as a parody a/c and if it is AH who has made the complaint which leads it to have been suspended he's having a mardy - oh - they must have reviewed it because it is back, slightly changed title:

Alan Hardy Fans
    @Bigalanha5

It’s all about me, its all about me, I’m big Alan Hardy, it’s all about me. Views are my own (it’s all about me) Parody account of NCFC owner, chairman & legend
    Nottingham

https://twitter.com/Bigalanha5 in case you mix it up with https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5

The real a/c reads:

Alan HardyVerified account
    @Bigalanh5

Chairman and owner of Notts County FC, Ilkeston Town FC, The Nottinghamshire Golf & Country Club and Paragon Group Plc. Immensely proud Dad of 5 and sports nut.

Spot the difference?

And AH is back too having licked his wounds. Go on there and tell him how well everything is going and you'll get a big thumbs up too.

But don't post any of the stuff such as you posted on here about RT, like papering over cracks, otherwise you'll be blocked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast