+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parody a/c suspended by Tw*tter

Why do you care so much Old_pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Most of what AH says is on Twitter - that's his choice not mine. I take the same stance as KN and prefer he wasn't, but since much of his thinking comes out on that platform and I'm interested in what he has to say I'll keep an eye on it.

Whether or not you found the parody a/c clever and funny is irrelevant. As far as I could see it did not breach the rules of Twitter, it was clearly marked as a parody a/c and if it is AH who has made the complaint which leads it to have been suspended he's having a mardy - oh - they must have reviewed it because it is back, slightly changed title:

Alan Hardy Fans
    @Bigalanha5

It’s all about me, its all about me, I’m big Alan Hardy, it’s all about me. Views are my own (it’s all about me) Parody account of NCFC owner, chairman & legend
    Nottingham

https://twitter.com/Bigalanha5 in case you mix it up with https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5

The real a/c reads:

Alan HardyVerified account
    @Bigalanh5

Chairman and owner of Notts County FC, Ilkeston Town FC, The Nottinghamshire Golf & Country Club and Paragon Group Plc. Immensely proud Dad of 5 and sports nut.

Spot the difference?

And AH is back too having licked his wounds. Go on there and tell him how well everything is going and you'll get a big thumbs up too.

But don't post any of the stuff such as you posted on here about RT, like papering over cracks, otherwise you'll be blocked.

Whats this twitter thingy ?

What cracks...!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Why do you care so much Old_pie?
    Don't like censorship

Don't like mardiness

Don't like rejection of alternate views

Don't like signs of a paranoid owner

Curious as to how business leaders (and world leaders) can come up with off-the-cuff and ill thought out statements that a few months later they retract.

Want to feel that we have a steady and secure owner with the fear that one day will throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Interesting in a morbid way to see an owner argue with his customer base

I fear the AH/KN love in only works when things are going well. KN says players are believing in the hype - where's the hype coming from? It's not coming from KN.

I like to know what our owner is planning, thinking of re Notts. Ideas like £2 for Crewe, fulfilling a lifetime ambition etc are first announced on his Twitter feed, sometimes eventually followed up officially.

Well, that's enough to be going on with, or have I answered the wrong question? OK, I'm a caring sensitive soul and worry too much.

This time the parody account really is back with a slight change of name

https://twitter.com/bigalanha5?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    This time the parody account really is back with a slight change of name

https://twitter.com/bigalanha5?lang=en
    TBH I find the whole parody thing quite funny, the guy or gal is quite humorous..."unveiling a statue of me soon"....hahahaha.....if it was me, I would see it as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Don't like censorship

Don't like mardiness

Don't like rejection of alternate views

Don't like signs of a paranoid owner

Curious as to how business leaders (and world leaders) can come up with off-the-cuff and ill thought out statements that a few months later they retract.

Want to feel that we have a steady and secure owner with the fear that one day will throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Interesting in a morbid way to see an owner argue with his customer base

I fear the AH/KN love in only works when things are going well. KN says players are believing in the hype - where's the hype coming from? It's not coming from KN.

I like to know what our owner is planning, thinking of re Notts. Ideas like £2 for Crewe, fulfilling a lifetime ambition etc are first announced on his Twitter feed, sometimes eventually followed up officially.

Well, that's enough to be going on with, or have I answered the wrong question? OK, I'm a caring sensitive soul and worry too much.
    You're assuming that it was Alan Hardy that got the account taken down? Based on what? A hunch? Guess work? The fact you don't like him and it gives you another stick to beat him with?

I assumed it was taken down because it was an awful parody account that wasn't funny and hardly anyone interacted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    TBH I find the whole parody thing quite funny, the guy or gal is quite humorous..."unveiling a statue of me soon"....hahahaha.....if it was me, I would see it as a compliment
    I don't do twitter but have just looked at the "parody thing" and have to agree it is quite humorous & obviously a piss take, it remains a mystery to me why people with such thin enough skins to get upset by these things insist on using them? this goes for twitter, facebook, NCM or any other social media sites, if you don't like it, don't use it, it's not compulsary!!

PS.

I also believe Old-pie may have an hidden agenda.
    Last edited by ancientpie; 12-02-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: constant anti AH posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I don't do twitter but have just looked at the "parody thing" and have to agree it is quite humorous & obviously a piss take, it remains a mystery to me why people with such thin enough skins to get upset by these things insist on using them? this goes for twitter, facebook, NCM or any other social media sites, if you don't like it, don't use it, it's not compulsary!!
    ^ This. Well done for venturing into the land of tw@tter. It really can be very useful, not for the nonsense that is tweeted but for instance the immediate information coming from say Nottm City Transport, or getting in touch with your bank regarding a problem (some react extremely quickly when something is in public), or working out why you can't get access to a major website.

PS.

I also believe Old-pie may have an hidden agenda.
    My agenda is not hidden. AH is loose with his tweets and then, as you say, has a thin skin. I don't believe good will come of it in the same way that the RT/Poundpie love in ended up in acrimony. See my other detailed post. I'm fairly sure that KN doesn't like it and if there is any hype, especially surrounding players, it is coming from AH which undermines KN.

So in my view all the good that AH is doing can be readily undermined by the backlash that social media can bring when all things are not rosy.

I don't see all the tweets to him because I'm not using a proper twitter application, so I only those he choses to show. But it is obvious he gets some worrying ones. Not from me though I have told him to be more sensible but have no idea whether he's seen them and certainly he's not paying any attention.

So tweets about expanding the young girls setup fine (though I think there are better outlets for this), but tweets such as:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Watched the behind closed-doors training session yesterday ahead of today’s game and WOW!!!! No wonder I couldn’t sleep last night. Is it Christmas Day today? You guys are in for such a treat

and then responding to a supporter as follows:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 3h3 hours ago
    Alan Hardy Retweeted steve marshall
    You coming to watch today then? If not, pipe down
    Alan Hardy added,

steve marshall @stema_steve
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    They didn't have Exeter trying to stop them Alan? Keep it real.
    6 replies 0 retweets 37 likes

bl00dy stupid imo. It's AH who needs to pipe down and button it. It is Friday night supporter pub talk unbecoming of a chairman of a football club who not only puts down a sensible comment from a supporter but is dismissive of our competition. And what, I wonder, do the players make of it? Or KN even?

But eh - some supporters even on here think this positivity is a good thing. What do I know?

(Oh, and he subsequently deletes some of his more stupid ones after it's gone pear shaped).
    Last edited by Old_pie; 12-02-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: nonsensical spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    You're assuming that it was Alan Hardy that got the account taken down? Based on what? A hunch? Guess work? The fact you don't like him and it gives you another stick to beat him with?
    Probably based on the fact that Twitter would not have any cause to monitor the account unless their attention was brought to it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast