+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parody a/c suspended by Tw*tter

Parody a/c suspended by Tw*tter

No doubt a complaint by AH but I've not seen anything to warrant a suspension.

Parody accounts ARE permitted

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...onation-policy

and the account was clearly marked as a Parody even if at times it was hard to tell by the content which one was real.

So what is it? Things not going so well so things turn nasty? I've often been concerned, and stated as much, at how AH would react if a couple of things started to go wrong.

I liked the parody account until it started siding with Forest fans against Notts fans. That was a step too far and I'm out. But if it's still within Twitter rules I don't see grounds for suspension.

I feel like it was more of an impersonation than a parody though and it was quite misleading to a few fans which was probably causing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I feel like it was more of an impersonation than a parody though and it was quite misleading to a few fans which was probably causing issues
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This ^
    How easily duped some Notts fans are. It said it was a parody account in the description section.

Twitter rules:

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...account-policy

Bio: The bio should clearly indicate that the user is not affiliated with the subject of the account, including, for example, by incorporating a word such as (but not limited to) "parody," "fake," "fan," or "commentary, and be done so in a way that would be understood by the intended audience.

Seems some of the intended audience have a comprehension problem - scrub that - we know grammar is a lacking feature among Notts supporters.

It was a bit of light fun p!sstake and someone's thrown a mardy.

His real Twitter has gone a bit quiet too. I think he's waiting for some sycophant to tell him not to take any notice of the moaners because they're not real fans, and that we're still 4th then he can go:

Thanks pal 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    His real Twitter has gone a bit quiet too. I think he's waiting for some sycophant to tell him not to take any notice of the moaners because they're not real fans, and that we're still 4th then he can go:

Thanks pal 👍👍
    Yeah, I noticed that as well, Bo. At least his twitter parody meant to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    How easily duped some Notts fans are. It said it was a parody account in the description section.
    Why would anyone check the description of an account every time they see a tweet from them to check if they're legit or not when they appear almost identical? Doesn't really bother me as I rarely look at twitter but a lot of people probably have no idea what a parody account even is and wouldn't even think to check the bio and see if it's the real person or someone pretending.

It's not like it was very funny, it literally just served the purpose of trying to confuse people

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Why would anyone check the description of an account every time they see a tweet from them to check if they're legit or not when they appear almost identical? Doesn't really bother me as I rarely look at twitter but a lot of people probably have no idea what a parody account even is and wouldn't even think to check the bio and see if it's the real person or someone pretending.

It's not like it was very funny, it literally just served the purpose of trying to confuse people
    This is like explaining the off-side rule to a woman - some folk should just not be on the internet, really.

Parody....I found this clip on Tinternet of Trump at his Swearing~in.....my favorite one~liners are, Trump to Obama, "I am going to try to figure a way to bury your stuff, quickly" and "My kids made me a Shiv, and I am not afraid to use it"......hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneBUA39mnI

It was an Fword fan taking the pee out of Notts.
    I won't be losing any sleep over its' demise.

It should have been suspended for being crap.

This is like explaining the off-side rule to a woman - some folk should just not be on the internet, really.
    not really, it depends on how obsessed you are with following people on twitter.

I've occasionally used twitter for a good few years, first time heard of parody accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It should have been suspended for being crap.
    ^ like.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    not really, it depends on how obsessed you are with following people on twitter.
    So you're not interested in what AH has to say?

Though he seems to have gone quite quiet for the minute

I've occasionally used twitter for a good few years, first time heard of parody accounts.
    Well I knew it was a parody a/c because apart from having a different address it said it was a parody a/c.

Doesn't matter who set it up - it was a bit of fun, clever at times and just as silly as AH at other times.

You'll be wanting to ban comedians next for mimicking some famous politician is some satirical way.

AH has got bigger things to worry about than someone making fun of him like why we lost to the bottom side who are still bottom after beating us.

Well I knew it was a parody a/c because apart from having a different address it said it was a parody a/c.

Doesn't matter who set it up - it was a bit of fun, clever at times and just as silly as AH at other times.

You'll be wanting to ban comedians next for mimicking some famous politician is some satirical way.

AH has got bigger things to worry about than someone making fun of him like why we lost to the bottom side who are still bottom after beating us.
    I don't do twitter at all, never even think to look for it. However I understood it was a parody account because it was mentioned here. I also haven't seen anything other than that posted here so I don't know if it got nasty. All I do know is I thought it was a bloody good/funny mickey take.

Yes I am interested in what AH has to say but not some clown who thinks here's clever and funny.

I found it quite amusing.

It's back!

Another big game on Tuesday but were still 4th! Wed had taken that in August and we have the top 3 yet to play. No need to panic, we arent.

Oh no, that's the real one.

https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5/status/962705143526502401

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yes I am interested in what AH has to say but not some clown who thinks here's clever and funny.
    Most of what AH says is on Twitter - that's his choice not mine. I take the same stance as KN and prefer he wasn't, but since much of his thinking comes out on that platform and I'm interested in what he has to say I'll keep an eye on it.

Whether or not you found the parody a/c clever and funny is irrelevant. As far as I could see it did not breach the rules of Twitter, it was clearly marked as a parody a/c and if it is AH who has made the complaint which leads it to have been suspended he's having a mardy - oh - they must have reviewed it because it is back, slightly changed title:

Alan Hardy Fans
    @Bigalanha5

Its all about me, its all about me, Im big Alan Hardy, its all about me. Views are my own (its all about me) Parody account of NCFC owner, chairman & legend
    Nottingham

https://twitter.com/Bigalanha5 in case you mix it up with https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5

The real a/c reads:

Alan HardyVerified account
    @Bigalanh5

Chairman and owner of Notts County FC, Ilkeston Town FC, The Nottinghamshire Golf & Country Club and Paragon Group Plc. Immensely proud Dad of 5 and sports nut.

Spot the difference?

And AH is back too having licked his wounds. Go on there and tell him how well everything is going and you'll get a big thumbs up too.

But don't post any of the stuff such as you posted on here about RT, like papering over cracks, otherwise you'll be blocked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast