Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: Derby vs Norwich

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773

    Derby vs Norwich

    Norwich was all over us in the second half we just sat back and let them walk all over us, they got awarded two penalties which one of them missed and one went in and we are in dire need, of attacking midfield power it’s dire as can be, if Rowett had put on Ledley & brought on Bradley Johnson earlier on in the second half we might have balanced the game out more but over all even that might of not made a difference.

    We got lucky today thanks to the brilliant Scott Carson keeping us in the game.

    Attacking Midfield free agents required pronto but should of done more in the Transfer Window in bringing some in, then just Kasey Palmer.

    Frustrating day at the office for the Rams need to see a better improvement in our midfield.

  2. #2
    Passes DDD the razor blades

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Passes DDD the razor blades
    After today’s performance I would of gladly taken the razor blades, it was that bad it was our worst game of the season performance wise.

  4. #4
    Could be the start of our annual meltdown lol

    We need Ledley back and fast though, Thorne is dire imo and wont ever be the same player again. We don't look the same team without Ledley.

    Norwich have pretty much nothing to play for sitting in mid table and they outplayed us for most of the game, which is to be expected with our style of play but we lack our counter attacking panache without the Welsh bearded wonder.

  5. #5
    Yes and its only two weeks since they outplayed Chelsea for 210 minutes and only lost on pens some people need a reality check especially if they think Ledley is the answer to all our problems

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    Going to Hillsborough on Tuesday night and our performances away this season has been fantastic to watch and I have been to a few away games this season compared to that of our home performances which have been constantly dull and boring and gives a better atmosphere overall.

    Feel sorry for the fans that had to pay a ticket to watch today’s game after our midfield showing today but at least they got to see a world class penalty save from Scott Carson so it’s not all bad.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes and its only two weeks since they outplayed Chelsea for 210 minutes and only lost on pens some people need a reality check especially if they think Ledley is the answer to all our problems
    Absolutely right mista. They’re a good side, we had a dodgy day and I expect - hope for - a reaction on Tuesday evening.
    DCFCA’s comments on Thorne aren’t altogether wrong though imo. He doesn’t seem to be the majestic figure he was prior to injury. He lacks mobility and seemingly the confidence to go for that killer pass. It is a concern.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    After today’s performance I would of gladly taken the razor blades, it was that bad it was our worst game of the season performance wise.
    Rowett should go all out and sign Victor Anichebe, he'll bang the the goals in, £40,000 a week on a 4 year contract should do it!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Rowett should go all out and sign Victor Anichebe, he'll bang the the goals in, £40,000 a week on a 4 year contract should do it!
    Victor Anichebe was on £20,000 a week at Sunderland.

  10. #10
    ramAnag. Your right about Thorne he's obviously no where near the level he was but holding midfielder does not suit him he needs a bit more freedom to get nearer the oppositions penalty area that's where he can hurt teams Time to drop Lawrence he's really not contributing his confidence has gone at the moment I would put Palmer in for him and leave Anya where he is probably Nugent for Jerome I've got a feeling having to many old legs is going to cost us this season

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    James Maddison’s first penalty yesterday was not a penalty, has Carson came for the ball and Maddison turned and tripped over Carson’s leg looking for a penalty, disgusting and the referee said play on and then went to go to his referee assistant which told him it was a penalty and he corrected his first decision and awarded the penalty now that’s a farce.

    This sort of decision making is ruining the game.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-lY6htcsw

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    Victor Anichebe was on £20,000 a week at Sunderland.
    So as he is a free agent we could get him for less than that per week and on a 3 month contract, since he is unemployed and in no negotiating position. Maybe 100,000 all in for a short contract? And in 3 months, on average, he might score a goal. Even then the maths dont look great. Perhaps you can finance the deal DDD?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    James Maddison’s first penalty yesterday was not a penalty, has Carson came for the ball and Maddison turned and tripped over Carson’s leg looking for a penalty, disgusting and the referee said play on and then went to go to his referee assistant which told him it was a penalty and he corrected his first decision and awarded the penalty now that’s a farce.

    This sort of decision making is ruining the game.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-lY6htcsw
    It was a drastic decision indeed. But fortunately the Norwich striker lacked the necessary complacency to score and so it made no difference at all and did not ruin the game: it seems our play did that for us.

    Maybe Carson should appeal the booking if the decision was so disgusting - let us see.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    It was a drastic decision indeed. But fortunately the Norwich striker lacked the necessary complacency to score and so it made no difference at all and did not ruin the game: it seems our play did that for us.

    Maybe Carson should appeal the booking if the decision was so disgusting - let us see.
    It made no difference because Carson saved the penalty but they also got their comeuppance by getting a second penalty and scored and made up for the first penalty miss so no one can argue really.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    So as he is a free agent we could get him for less than that per week and on a 3 month contract, since he is unemployed and in no negotiating position. Maybe 100,000 all in for a short contract? And in 3 months, on average, he might score a goal. Even then the maths dont look great. Perhaps you can finance the deal DDD?
    We don’t know what wages he would want if he comes to Derby so you can make all the assumptions you want but you are only guessing estimates at this point in time.

  16. #16
    Have you not started negotiations yet then? My guesstimate is based on 7500 a week plus erni pension etc

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    We don’t know what wages he would want if he comes to Derby so you can make all the assumptions you want but you are only guessing estimates at this point in time.
    Gary tells me if we get him he’ll pay us 10k a week and we’ll pay him £20k a goal

  18. #18
    So there you go DDD. Lets give him a 15 week contract to cover the playoffs if needed.

    Wages 150k, erni 20.7k, pension 15k, insurance cost etc 5k. About 200k plus goals bonus, which makes it 200k all in.

    Get yer chequebook out.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Down South Darlings
    Posts
    3,467
    Great goal by Vydra though, he had no right to even turn his man let alone put it in the far corner. Carson also on top form again. We seem to have match winners in our side, but it wasn't enough yesterday. Still a decent point, could easilly have bottled it and lost! Just have to make it back over next couple of weeks, and I still think Villa have a few blips left before the season finishes.

    I'd have Ledley and Nugent back in next match.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Gary tells me if we get him he’ll pay us 10k a week and we’ll pay him £20k a goal
    Gary might as well keep his money then give us 10k a week and giving him 20k a goal, we won’t see any of it. What kind of statement is that get your head in gear Andy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •