+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the back chatters ?

Who are the back chatters ?

I am still seething nearly 24 hours after getting back from Barnet and started wondering who the trouble makers (or back chatters) were.
    The team or a couple if individuals ?

Dan Jones and Liam Noble have reputations for being hot headed
    Cant see it being Shola or Hunty or the loanees

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    I am still seething nearly 24 hours after getting back from Barnet and started wondering who the trouble makers (or back chatters) were.

Liam Noble

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post

I actually thought it might be Grant.....his mate has gone to S****horpe and his form has dipped alarmingly?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I actually thought it might be Grant.....his mate has gone to S****horpe and his form has dipped alarmingly?
    Duffy as a lot to say on the pitch ( I know he is the captain) but it's mainly blaming everyone else for his mistakes.

I wouldn't rule this out, but you have to look at his football league career. This has all been under Nolan. He has gone from a reserve player to a player that in now marketable. You would imagine he if he has stepped out of line, if he if he has a brain, he will quickly sort it out. I am still to be convinced that Noble actually has a brain.

I'd go with Grant being one of them. In commentary, CS said during a break in play that Nolan had called them all over to give instructions but Grant was slowly ambling over, which Nolan took exception with. That coupled with the pathetic back-heel he apparently did to concede possession needlessly. Seems like a bit of an attitude issue?

I don't think a bit of backchat is a bad thing as long as it's done in a constructive way. An honest and frank exchange of opinions should help us get to the reasons for the downturn in form. If it's done to undermine Nolan's authority then that's a different matter entirely, but I hope (and think) our manager is big enough to take a bit of criticism on the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Duffy as a lot to say on the pitch ( I know he is the captain) but it's mainly blaming everyone else for his mistakes.
    There is a chance it could be Duffy, but sitting lower down in the DP shows that this is nothing new, Duffy has been vocal towards the dugout (even when we were doing well). If Nolan didn't like the this you would imagine he would have stamped this out months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Yep, another possible candidate that is currently under threat from a recent signing who has yet to make his debut....maybe he knows his days are numbered?

If he does get dropped, then I assume that Stead takes over the captaincy?

I have no idea why Nolan would talk to the media about this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast