+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley FC has lost its Soul

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think he left for the money
    Maybe he did but we do know there were problems in the working relationship during a key month for the club with a huge significance on our season .

Just exactly how many HC's are going to be able to work with him given his background isn't in football and from a different sport altogether ?

This is a brickie telling a plumber what pipes he needs to be using on a new build .

My early thoughts regarding his involvement were that he invested a bit of money for a stake in the club and had a consultancy role .

Nobody stated he was Head Of Recruitment because he was never mentioned at the press conference and I guess because it wouldn't have exactly gone down too well with us or the current staff at that time .

What else don't we know ? , Chien Watch just got a reboot .

Joking aside , we have lost The heart of our club over the last 13/14 months , I'm not Knockin the new owners it had to happen someday ? We are fortunate I suppose to have them , back to my original post , I just think the local Red is missing , BRING MACCA BACK OOHAM

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Joking aside , we have lost The heart of our club over the last 13/14 months , I'm not Knockin the new owners it had to happen someday ? We are fortunate I suppose to have them , back to my original post , I just think the local Red is missing , BRING MACCA BACK OOHAM
    Can you see Mick working under this system Roma in all honesty ?

Mick is a manager , the first nose that peeked through his dressing room wearing a suit would have it punched and told to do one .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha right Roma and to bring back the heart of our club over neet we need MACCA BACK OOHAM, the big brigga would whip the players into shape smartish.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Maybe he did but we do know there were problems in the working relationship during a key month for the club with a huge significance on our season .

Just exactly how many HC's are going to be able to work with him given his background isn't in football and from a different sport altogether ?

This is a brickie telling a plumber what pipes he needs to be using on a new build .

My early thoughts regarding his involvement were that he invested a bit of money for a stake in the club and had a consultancy role .

Nobody stated he was Head Of Recruitment because he was never mentioned at the press conference and I guess because it wouldn't have exactly gone down too well with us or the current staff at that time .

What else don't we know ? , Chien Watch just got a reboot .

I get what your saying totally but it’s nothing new really just a different owner . Flitcroft , Hill and most of the other managers had issues with the previous owner at times or whoever was running the club for him at the time .

I’m sure there were many players they wanted to sign and were told no .

Hecky took the job of Head Coach , he knew how it worked before he accepted it

Didn't he lose his first game in charge of Leeds? Carried on where he left off. He's sh1te n' gunna be found out. Just wish he'd av' dangled Harsley a carot aswell we might av' been two points better off

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I get what your saying totally but it’s nothing new really just a different owner . Flitcroft , Hill and most of the other managers had issues with the previous owner at times or whoever was running the club for him at the time .

I’m sure there were many players they wanted to sign and were told no .

Hecky took the job of Head Coach , he knew how it worked before he accepted it
    He did ESR , but unless everything is in alignment behind the scenes then it's never going to work .

A brickie is only as fast as the hod carrier feeding him the tackle .

Tell you now this Beane is going to cause mayhem down there and it will reflect on the owners because he's their man with his ego to feed .

Changing HC's after every transfer window is only going to end one way for us in my opinion .

Our fans won't tolerate this , different breed here .

Exactly right ESR, he was head coach not manager. Out of frying pan into fire in my opinion. Victor Orta finds the players for Leeds as he did at Middlesbrough, Rod Liddel made the same point in todays Sunday times.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    Exactly right ESR, he was head coach not manager. Out of frying pan into fire in my opinion. Victor Orta finds the players for Leeds as he did at Middlesbrough, Rod Liddel made the same point in todays Sunday times.
    Certainly in a better place all ready then unless Orta played for the New York Yankees .

Don’t get me wrong I’m not backing his judgment or anything as we haven’t seen much of his signings but he’s not a total football novice and has contacts and some experience in football.

Admittedly taken from Wiki cause I can’t be arsed to look much further but it states his football involvement

.......When the Athletics ownership group agreed to purchase the reincarnation of the San Jose Earthquakes of Major League Soccer, Beane, who has expressed a passion for soccer, began developing a system for objectively analyzing soccer players. He has agreed to help the Earthquakes front office develop a method for building a cost-effective team, as the salary cap in MLS is even more restrictive than the Athletics status as a small-market team in Major League Baseball.[44] However, a system has yet to be implemented.

Beane has regarded Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger as a personal idol. Beane has held discussions with Wenger, former Manchester United F.C. manager Sir Alex Ferguson, and Liverpool F.C. owner John W. Henry. [45] His friendship with ex-Arsenal scout Damien Comolli and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke allowed him to delve deep into the world of English football.[46]

In March 2015, the Dutch football club AZ Alkmaar, under general director Robert Eenhoorn, a former Major Leaguer, hired Beane as an advisor.[47]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast