+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley FC has lost its Soul

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Can you see Mick working under this system Roma in all honesty ?

Mick is a manager , the first nose that peeked through his dressing room wearing a suit would have it punched and told to do one .
    Possibly , may be something the New Owners may have overlooked , Keeping a Local connection would surely help , bringing too many outsiders in will only harm this Our Club Our Community Our Town , in the future ?? I don't think they know us as much as they may think ? They even think we are a CITY ,

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I’m not backing his judgment or anything as we haven’t seen much of his signings but he’s not a total football novice and has contacts and some experience in football.

Admittedly taken from Wiki cause I can’t be arsed to look much further but it states his football involvement

.......When the Athletics ownership group agreed to purchase the reincarnation of the San Jose Earthquakes of Major League Soccer, Beane, who has expressed a passion for soccer, began developing a system for objectively analyzing soccer players. He has agreed to help the Earthquakes front office develop a method for building a cost-effective team, as the salary cap in MLS is even more restrictive than the Athletics status as a small-market team in Major League Baseball.[44] However, a system has yet to be implemented.

Beane has regarded Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger as a personal idol. Beane has held discussions with Wenger, former Manchester United F.C. manager Sir Alex Ferguson, and Liverpool F.C. owner John W. Henry. [45] His friendship with ex-Arsenal scout Damien Comolli and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke allowed him to delve deep into the world of English football.[46]

In March 2015, the Dutch football club AZ Alkmaar, under general director Robert Eenhoorn, a former Major Leaguer, hired Beane as an advisor.[47]
    ESR , there's more knowledge on this board than Beane's got .

He's shaken a few hands and had his photo taken with some prominent football people .

I'm not trying to be pedantic mate because I want this to work out but ffs .

Is there anybody out there in the history of sport whose made a successful transition from one sport to another in that particularly role never mind football ?

Some folk can't even convert from Rugby Union to League .

The mind boggles mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Possibly , may be something the New Owners may have overlooked , Keeping a Local connection would surely help , bringing too many outsiders in will only harm this Our Club Our Community Our Town , in the future ?? I don't think they know us as much as they may think ? They even think we are a CITY ,

True , internationalization of the club apparently , I trust nobody bothered to point out we voted over 70% to leave the EU .

That said , put a winning team on the pitch and we are all on board .

Struggle and we can easily become a nightmare .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    ESR , there's more knowledge on this board than Beane's got .

He's shaken a few hands and had his photo taken with some prominent football people .

I'm not trying to be pedantic mate because I want this to work out but ffs .

Is there anybody out there in the history of sport whose made a successful transition from one sport to another in that particularly role never mind football ?

Some folk can't even convert from Rugby Union to League .

The mind boggles mate .
    I know I’m only playing devils advocate

We have still got the same recruitment methods though and even if we do go down I prefer this side to the one we went down with last time

And to cap it all ESR Big Chien's established team OGC Nice lost yet again yesterday 3-2 at 12th place Dijon. The dropping like a stooan.

Problem is wi this manager appointment is that anybody wi any experience al not come cos thu'll not accept the situation where suits in front of screens are giving them a list of players they can pick from. The "smart young bright" managers may accept it but the issue is always there that they are not "my players". Leads to bad relationships internally that spill art nar and ageean in cryptic comments.

Summats not reyt darn theear.

Mahoney, Mcburnie were the managers players though SBred. Mahoney looks cack. However, I think this was Hecky's team.

No one knows Ponte. Am guessing McBurnie wo Hecky's choice back in August and he wont 'appy when it wo left to last seconds and then c0cked up. Wud things a been different wi 'im up front all season? Mahoney's only 20 and fits the plan so am not sure he wo Hecky's. He looked slow forra winger on Setdi. I like mi wingers to be darting abart like Isgrove, not being elegant.
    All the continental lads al be darn to GG--Thiam, the two Frenchy's who turned us darn, Nazzer.

I often think has the club lost it's soul? I console myself with the notion that for the majority of matches the wrong 11 has been picked.

Chris Martin and McBurnie wudda been a reyt handful up front laikin together. Missed art theear in transfer windda.

I'd like to see Moore and Mcburnie played up front together. I hate rules that say two big lads can't play together. In a relegation battle that's what we need. If we're gunna persist with the two co ck blocks in the middle we'll need that even more.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast