+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Previous 5 League Matches v Next 5 League Matches

Previous 5 League Matches v Next 5 League Matches

The next 5 League matches are season defining for us. On paper the fixtures seem winnable (everyone) and could put us right back into contention. If you look at the previous 5 games that is hard set of games by any standard and we should have won the Piggies and Derby.

For all the doom and gloom about a possible ownership battle the season is certainly not done. Win those next 5 games and anything can happen.

Previous 5:

Wolves 0 points
    Villa 0 points
    Norwich 3 points
    SWFC 1 point
    Derby 1 point

Total 5 points out of a possible 15

Next 5:

Leeds 3 points
    QPR 3 points
    Hull 3 points
    Reading 3 points
    Burton 3 points

15 points out of a possible 15 points. Alright that is being optimistic but we can and should win those games.

weve got to get a minimum of 10 points from these next 5 otherwise its over

It's the 2 homes games that have done us,we played well and did enough in both games to have won both,yet we only got then1 point,think everyone will agree we were outclassed against Wolves,we did very well in the Derby and Norwich games.

Football can be a cruel Mistress at times.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    It's the 2 homes games that have done us,we played well and did enough in both games to have won both,yet we only got then1 point,think everyone will agree we were outclassed against Wolves,we did very well in the Derby and Norwich games.

Football can be a cruel Mistress at times.
    I think the pigs deserved their draw at BDBL,we deserved a draw v Villa and yes we were well beaten at Wolves.I see that Matty Fryatt ex pig loanee has had to retire cos of a achilles injury,only 31 years old,i believe he scored for Hull in't semi at wembley.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I think the pigs deserved their draw at BDBL,we deserved a draw v Villa and yes we were well beaten at Wolves.I see that Matty Fryatt ex pig loanee has had to retire cos of a achilles injury,only 31 years old,i believe he scored for Hull in't semi at wembley.UTCB
    Pigs deserved a draw at the Lane?,just how poorly have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Pigs deserved a draw at the Lane?,just how poorly have you been?

hmmm maybe they did just about deserve a draw at the lane but if they hadnt parked the bus for 80 minutes they would have been beaten absolutely no doubt about it

Pigs came for a draw and got one.
    We need to get smarter in the final third and all the next five are winnable.

i think one good win will set us off again and just that bit of luck that we havent had in last 2 months this seasons still alive coyraww !!!

No such thing as an easy game, remember Bolton, QPR, Millwall, Birmingham, SWFC and Norwich at home.

All bottom half clubs when we played them and all have taken points from us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast