+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Investment for CW?

I’ve just seen the latest Tweet from Nixon and he says that McCabe’s plan is to bring in new investors, not new owners, so it seems that if he gets his way, King Kev is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I’ve just seen the latest Tweet from Nixon and he says that McCabe’s plan is to bring in new investors, not new owners, so it seems that if he gets his way, King Kev is going nowhere.
    Looking to bask in the reflected glory of a PL return with someone else paying the bills?

A win win for him..... and, hopefully, everybody else with a SUFC connection.

Seems to me there’s a Lot of potential Inspector Vera’s on here!

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Speculation and rumour, the oxygen of a forum CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Did it yesterday Twirls. Oinker bullshyte.
    cheers man. thought it would be rubbish,or mcabe wouldnt have him anywhere near our club

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    cheers man. thought it would be rubbish,or mcabe wouldnt have him anywhere near our club

I think CostaBlade called it. This story is about Malaga, and different people completely. Never trust an oinker...

Whatever the reasons, people need to read the club statement properly to at least work out who started the process off.

I don't know why people still jump on bullsh@t like this and believe it.
    We all know that players who play for more than a tube of smarties a week have a poor attitude
    We all know that players who cost more than the standard £500,000 are nothing more than mercenary b@stards
    We all know that spending big money on top quality players is destined to ruin us just like it's ruined Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
    We all know that the more money we've got the more it will cost to sign players and we won't pay more than the going rate (see £500,000 maximum figure above)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Too much speculation about a report that there is potential new investment, not a takeover and everyone is upbeat about it. Thats welcome news if true and hopefully it has nothing to do with the Wally with the Brolly leading a consortium to buy into a championship club rumour.

Not sure how close Nixon is to the Club he may be being fed by parties acting for either the Prince or McCabe or worse still chinese whispers from lower level club employees. If there was a civil war going on between the two owners as the conspiracy theorists are now suggesting do you not think that would be his major headline as that would have leaked out by now?

The anti Prince lobby are now saying this is some tactical masterstroke by our Kev to outflank the Prince. Again if thats the case why didn't the statements opening paragraph finish at the words "Sheffield United Football Club". The words " to the Prince" give the distinct impression that is the route the Club has decided to go down.

Interesting times.

The first paragraph should read "of Sheffield United Football Club". It's a typo, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Pointing out that the process was started by Sheffield United Ltd rather than the Prince- as per the statement - doesn't necessarily put one in the " anti Prince lobby" though.

I have no idea if it's a tactical master stroke or not, but if KMc has said he's selling his shares then it's not a great leap of faith to believe that legally via a shareholders agreement, HRH has first refusal.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Prior to the Prince coming on board I'm wondering who else's money has been spent other than McCabes own? Could Vera work that out or would it be a red herring?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast