+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilders post match.

Wilders post match.

Didn’t look overwhelmed at the win. Not the usual smiling Chris. https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/feb...eeds-reaction/

I think probably just more relieved than anything.
    We got mugged by Villa when we deserved something, likewise brizzle, Bolton and the pork so for us to see it out with the points and start scoring again is a huge relief.

Baby steps. We have an awful long way to go to recapture the bright,intelligent,pacy incisive football of the first 15 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    He was relieved like we all were that we'd managed to get 3 points on the back of a sketchy performance. He was right we should have put them to bed first half. How many times have we said that over the last few weeks. Second half we again failed to deal with the opposition stepping it up and the penalty came at the right time.

Don't agree with him that there is not much difference between the first 15 games performances and the last 15. Credit to him for going back to basics and picking Billy and Duffy. Blackman also helped. These three were an integral part of the first 15 games. That tells its own story.
    Totally agree with you. There is a huge difference in performance levels and quality from the first 15 to Saturday.
    yes,teams have "worked us out" but we have been our own worst enemy with the utterly ridiculous arsing about with daft teiangles until the opposition has got 11 behind the ball then losing it or not beating the first man with an attempted cross.
    No surprise the 2 goals Saturday came from a great ball in and a swift run into the box drawing the pen.
    Rocket science it isn't.
    I'd reduce Jacks wingplay as it overcomplicates. The the ball wide quickly,run like f u c k and get it into the box so our strikers and their defenders are all running towards goal,not stood leaden footed as the opposition CBs easily clear a boringly predictable floater after 97 pointless 3 yard passes.

I agree. It was a very subdued interview. Thought it straight away. It looked like he wasn’t happy about something

He had a tenner on 3-1

Shall I put in a bulk order for these off Amazon... or see if we can borrow McNutjobs copy*..?

Name:  Body Language.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  46.2 KB

* Hold on that apparantly, I hear McNutjobs entire library was destroyed in a tragic fire. All three books were lost and two of them he hadn't finished colouring in yet..
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 12-02-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Didn’t look overwhelmed at the win. Not the usual smiling Chris. https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/feb...eeds-reaction/
    Sitting fairly close to the dugout I've watched his demeanour in the technical area change considerably over the last couple of months. He seems much less animated and more dour.

Something’s obviously afoot...or maybe he was just showing a bit of respect for his mate Hecky and toned it down?

*EDIT* Or maybe he’d just found out that Hecky was on 5 times his wages and was thinking to himself WTF?
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 12-02-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Totally agree with you. There is a huge difference in performance levels and quality from the first 15 to Saturday.
    yes,teams have "worked us out" but we have been our own worst enemy with the utterly ridiculous arsing about with daft teiangles until the opposition has got 11 behind the ball then losing it or not beating the first man with an attempted cross.
    No surprise the 2 goals Saturday came from a great ball in and a swift run into the box drawing the pen.
    Rocket science it isn't.
    I'd reduce Jacks wingplay as it overcomplicates. The the ball wide quickly,run like f u c k and get it into the box so our strikers and their defenders are all running towards goal,not stood leaden footed as the opposition CBs easily clear a boringly predictable floater after 97 pointless 3 yard passes.
    We're not playin as well as the first 15 games,no doubt abart that,but i disagree re Jack,he was one of the main reasons we were so good early on in my view.Jack was at fault big time for their goal but also Bash and Stearman dint put their foot through the ball and coudda cost us goals.The MESSIAH had a bit of a go at the lads after we beat em at Elland road and i thought we played alot better there than we did on Satdi but as always the main thing was winnin and long may the MESSIAH reign at BDBL.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast