+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Empty Away Seats

Empty Away Seats

Does anyone know who decides how many away seats we can sell, is it the club, police or the league? The block near the south stand where the stewards and police sit and the bbfront two rows add up when tickets are £30 a time. We’re losing a lot of money when the away following sells out which is quite often in this league. It appears if we do manage to get back in the Premier league our ground will never ever be full to capacity which is a joke.

We'll never see a full house whilst SYP are the enforcing authority.

Maybe the club should lobby that the policing bill be reduced by the amount of cash lost due to their draconion approach that reduces the seats available.

A reasonable cordon sanitaire is needed, not the sea of Galilee.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    We'll never see a full house whilst SYP are the enforcing authority.

Maybe the club should lobby that the policing bill be reduced by the amount of cash lost due to their draconion approach that reduces the seats available.

A reasonable cordon sanitaire is needed, not the sea of Galilee.
    That’s just it though Tony, the bottom tier isn’t attached so there’s a natural cordon either side. Other grounds just have a line of stewards separating fans. If the front two rows are kept empty to stop fans going on the pitch or surrounding area then it didn’t work yesterday. I think your point of claiming the lost revenue back from the police bill is an excellent idea. Make the stewards and police earn their money rather than just sitting in the corner watching the game.

yeah and quite a few championship teams could sell 4k tickets for the lane were losing money but i will once again be shot down on here yet again

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah and quite a few championship teams could sell 4k tickets for the lane were losing money but i will once again be shot down on here yet again
    I’d be interested to know the capacity of the lower tier and how many away tickets we’re allowed to sell so I could work out how much it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lendegoeystash View Post
    That’s just it though Tony, the bottom tier isn’t attached so there’s a natural cordon either side. Other grounds just have a line of stewards separating fans. If the front two rows are kept empty to stop fans going on the pitch or surrounding area then it didn’t work yesterday. I think your point of claiming the lost revenue back from the police bill is an excellent idea. Make the stewards and police earn their money rather than just sitting in the corner watching the game.
    I think SUFC are in a unique position with this as we are the only club in the police region likley to sell out on a regular basis. The others aren't concerned by it so there is no concerted backing to change things.

Here in Manchetser both clubs regularly fill their grounds, the police are used to dealing with it and the clubs have enough clout to dispute what the police say should they need to.SUFC lose circa 1800 seats min to the rules with a capacity of circa 32500, about half a per cent of the capacity.

Imagine telling Manure they had to lose 3,800 seats every game , they just wouldn't stand for it.

Obviously the Hillsborough tragedy still impacts greatly on the SYP thinking but, whilst not disrespecting the tragedy in any way, things have moved on a lot since those days.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I think SUFC are in a unique position with this as we are the only club in the police region likley to sell out on a regular basis. The others aren't concerned by it so there is no concerted backing to change things.

Here in Manchetser both clubs regularly fill their grounds, the police are used to dealing with it and the clubs have enough clout to dispute what the police say should they need to.SUFC lose circa 1800 seats min to the rules with a capacity of circa 32500, about half a per cent of the capacity.

Imagine telling Manure they had to lose 3,800 seats every game , they just wouldn't stand for it.

Obviously the Hillsborough tragedy still impacts greatly on the SYP thinking but, whilst not disrespecting the tragedy in any way, things have moved on a lot since those days.
    The way the SYP were treated over the Hillsborough tragedy they will make sure it doesn’t happen again and I for one don’t blame them. You’ve still have idiots going to matches as was the case yesterday with the Leeds fan and these are the types that should be blamed for the situation not the Police.

Sadly SYP do overkill it, there’s absolutely no reason for forcing gaps as big as what they do.
    It’s a common feeling amongst visiting fans that coming to the lane means over the top policing and over the top stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Sadly SYP do overkill it, there’s absolutely no reason for forcing gaps as big as what they do.
    It’s a common feeling amongst visiting fans that coming to the lane means over the top policing and over the top stewards.
    Correct JE .

Compared to other forces the SYP impose more restrictions than other forces. You only have to visit other grounds and watch the tele to see that many manage with a row of stewards dividing the fans.

The fact that an idiot encroaches onto the ground can happen at any ground and appropriate action should be taken.
    It's probably EASIER to do at the Lane as any fool intent on encoaching only has to clear the empty seats not fight through a crowd.

Yet again SYP proved they aren't fit for purpose on Saturday. Interesting to note that as I returned to my car post match I walked past a row of private charters awaiting their scum customers all being policed by.... yep Durhams finest. Either SYP need real coppers to come down every other week from the North East or SUFC have f u c ked the useless cu n ts off and just employ the Geordie pigs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast