+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghost and Pboro

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I alreadedicted the win if we took the game to Man Utd as well as balancing it out.
    We did that and got what we deserved, albeit with a few heart stopping moments at the end.
    This type of game re-ignited my inner screaming passion that has been sadly sitting in the pit of my stomach for far too long.

This is all I ever asked for.
    So simple for Rafa to do and just proves that this squad is more than any championship squad.
    Now imagine if we took that mindset into most other games....especially second half then we would have been clear well before now.
    My digs against Rafa are pertinent but I'll give him 10 out of 10 for setting us up like he did.

All I ever asked of him was to balance us out and he did that as much as he could against a money bags Man Utd.

I totally enjoyed the football and I will call it how I see it.
    I don't want to cast any negatives on it as of now because everything from yesterday was fantastic and positive.
    Imagine what we can do with Slimani in the team if we have a go like this?

A fantastic debut for Dubravka who looks assured and capable in all areas, so fingers crossed he continues in this vein, because it's a big plus to have a shouter and a confidence behind a battling defence that will also take massive confidence from this game.
    A potential baptism of fire for Dubravka and he extinguished that with distinction.

If Rafa can keep this up I will quite easily fall in love with him and dream about him and wake up with little dired off coloured spots in my undies.
    So let's see more of this Rafa.

Shows what I said all along in that we aren't a championship team.
    I expected nothing less than a sensible post like this from you, Ghost. I too hope that this mindset will remain with the players -
    if so avoiding relegation shouldn't be a problem.

I actually can't wait to hear what pboro has got to say!

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I expected nothing less than a sensible post like this from you, Ghost. I too hope that this mindset will remain with the players -
    if so avoiding relegation shouldn't be a problem.

I actually can't wait to hear what pboro has got to say!
    I'll basically say it how I see it.
    The last thing I want to do is to create my own bad feelings about the club I love, let alone argue with other fans in a negative way.
    But, as we know, debates do not follow in perfect harmony as seen through the eyes of the many as just one.

This is why we can debate points, good bad and indifferent.
    We're all not going to get on and there will always be many takes on one situation no matter what.

One thing out of it all though, is, we all enjoy days like yesterday. It makes your entire week.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'll basically say it how I see it.
    The last thing I want to do is to create my own bad feelings about the club I love, let alone argue with other fans in a negative way.
    But, as we know, debates do not follow in perfect harmony as seen through the eyes of the many as just one.

This is why we can debate points, good bad and indifferent.
    We're all not going to get on and there will always be many takes on one situation no matter what.

One thing out of it all though, is, we all enjoy days like yesterday. It makes your entire week.
    I think we all say how we see it. But part of debating and disagreeing is also that you can demonstrate reason behind your own perspective, and fairly question other people's views. This is sometimes mistaken for vicious, personal attacks / cyberbullying, or simply degrades into a debate about something else rather than football.

I know that you and I, for instance, differ on a few things when it comes to Rafa and the team, but as long there is a plausible reason behind our views there's no problem. I certainly don't think of anyone as less of a fan just because their views differ from mine, unlike others on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    NO!! This is not a wind-up attempt or a "told you so" thread. This is a football forum and I want to discuss football with other people interested in doing so. I'm not here to start a fight.

So here it goes...

There's no question that the crowd was entertained today - if anyone's in doubt, watch the game again and listen to 90 mins of loud spectator noise. We challenged Man United by actually playing football, not defending and only counter-attacking. There's no question that trying to defend the lead became the obvious thing to do at a certain point during the match. We had some luck, sure, but we deserved the victory today (and the ref was an opponent just as much as the Man Utd players today unfortunately).

Were you two satisfied with the game today (I know you're probably happy with the win) in the sense of the way it was won? Battling, challenging one of the most expensive sides in the world, attacking, team-working fighting, etc...

Or do you still think we were too defensively set up and that it was ''dire footy'' (quote pboro)?

HWTL!
    i was very satisfied
    i thought this is how we should play all the time on thefront foot and get at teams at home

rafa is to negative for the players we have

apart from lascelles maybe mbemeba we dont have good solid defensive players

we do have attacking players and playesr who give 100 percent

for all thos numpties and platsics who eep saying we have a chimpo side with chimpo players you obviously dont know footy and dontsee what we have

yesterday wasnt dire as rafa let the lads of the leashes

you answer your own question
    yes we were entertained as we attacked
    nop we werent set up defensivly
    nope the footy wasnt dire

it was what we should be seeing every game at home

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Pboro is a decent poster so would expect a positive post from him.

I discount Wilf who lives off pboros back anyway and as far as I know has never been to a Toon game

A great performance from the players on the field today and the crowd. The most positive thing fir me was the way the keeper controlled his defenders. You could even hear him shouting at them above the crowd noise. A master stroke from Rafa getting this lad between the sticks.
    terry wjhilst i agree ith your coments regards him talking to the back 4
    i will say this

in most cases the save was easy to make
    the one on one wasntt a save as such more a poor finish

the scramble at the end
    he couldnt not save it

where i think he is a massive plus is his handling of crosses

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i will say this

the scramble at the end
    he couldnt not save it

Fully agree both of our keepers would have stayed on their line for those crosses

I am an Ex Keeper and all coaches used to say that anything in the 6 yard box should be the keepers ball

His distribution was also an improvement as he nearly always hit a Toon player it’s early days yet though so let’s see how he gets on.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i will say this

the scramble at the end
    he couldnt not save it

it wasn't just the saves he made, or the crosses he collected - he was so calm all the way through the match.

i don't think we would have kept a clean sheet with darlow in goal.

i hope the goalie can keep that up and command his area / martial his troops.

i also think kenedy makes a hige difference to the side. he makes some mistakes sure - but he brings an awful lot of flair too

unfortunately i was too ill to go and have been told by people around us in the gallowgate to stop away !! i wasn't too ill to watch most of it on tele though

Just got back into internet range and well pumped after seeing the result and watching the highlights on the website.

When the camera zoomed in on Ritchie after he scored (a minute or so later) you could see him gesturing to his team mates and shouting "High" to get them to push up. Everyone is finally starting to realise that we can´t sit back to defend a one goal lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Odd how ‘both’ of them were absent
    In a Bruce Wayne/Batman never in the same room at the same time type of absent? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    In a Bruce Wayne/Batman never in the same room at the same time type of absent? LOL.
    F'uckin priceless man !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)