+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost and Pboro

Ghost and Pboro

NO!! This is not a wind-up attempt or a "told you so" thread. This is a football forum and I want to discuss football with other people interested in doing so. I'm not here to start a fight.

So here it goes...

There's no question that the crowd was entertained today - if anyone's in doubt, watch the game again and listen to 90 mins of loud spectator noise. We challenged Man United by actually playing football, not defending and only counter-attacking. There's no question that trying to defend the lead became the obvious thing to do at a certain point during the match. We had some luck, sure, but we deserved the victory today (and the ref was an opponent just as much as the Man Utd players today unfortunately).

Were you two satisfied with the game today (I know you're probably happy with the win) in the sense of the way it was won? Battling, challenging one of the most expensive sides in the world, attacking, team-working fighting, etc...

Or do you still think we were too defensively set up and that it was ''dire footy'' (quote pboro)?

HWTL!

Of course, everyone is welcome to join in on the discussion

Nothing to add to that, you said it all man !!

Pboro is a decent poster so would expect a positive post from him.

I discount Wilf who lives off pboros back anyway and as far as I know has never been to a Toon game

A great performance from the players on the field today and the crowd. The most positive thing fir me was the way the keeper controlled his defenders. You could even hear him shouting at them above the crowd noise. A master stroke from Rafa getting this lad between the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Pboro is a decent poster so would expect a positive post from him.

I discount Wilf who lives off pboros back anyway and as far as I know has never been to a Toon game

A great performance from the players on the field today and the crowd. The most positive thing fir me was the way the keeper controlled his defenders. You could even hear him shouting at them above the crowd noise. A master stroke from Rafa getting this lad between the sticks.
    And hopefully a few more masterstrokes to come from him. Provided of course that they are permitted.

They are probably sat in a dark room somewhere,(together) desperately trying to come up with a post designed to dampen the optimism swilling around at the moment. lets wait and see eh!

Odd how ‘both’ of them were absent and didn’t make a comment following that result mind 😉

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    NO!! This is not a wind-up attempt or a "told you so" thread. This is a football forum and I want to discuss football with other people interested in doing so. I'm not here to start a fight.

So here it goes...

There's no question that the crowd was entertained today - if anyone's in doubt, watch the game again and listen to 90 mins of loud spectator noise. We challenged Man United by actually playing football, not defending and only counter-attacking. There's no question that trying to defend the lead became the obvious thing to do at a certain point during the match. We had some luck, sure, but we deserved the victory today (and the ref was an opponent just as much as the Man Utd players today unfortunately).
    I alreadedicted the win if we took the game to Man Utd as well as balancing it out.
    We did that and got what we deserved, albeit with a few heart stopping moments at the end.
    This type of game re-ignited my inner screaming passion that has been sadly sitting in the pit of my stomach for far too long.

Were you two satisfied with the game today (I know you're probably happy with the win) in the sense of the way it was won? Battling, challenging one of the most expensive sides in the world, attacking, team-working fighting, etc...
    This is all I ever asked for.
    So simple for Rafa to do and just proves that this squad is more than any championship squad.
    Now imagine if we took that mindset into most other games....especially second half then we would have been clear well before now.
    My digs against Rafa are pertinent but I'll give him 10 out of 10 for setting us up like he did.

All I ever asked of him was to balance us out and he did that as much as he could against a money bags Man Utd.

Or do you still think we were too defensively set up and that it was ''dire footy'' (quote pboro)?

HWTL!
    I totally enjoyed the football and I will call it how I see it.
    I don't want to cast any negatives on it as of now because everything from yesterday was fantastic and positive.
    Imagine what we can do with Slimani in the team if we have a go like this?

A fantastic debut for Dubravka who looks assured and capable in all areas, so fingers crossed he continues in this vein, because it's a big plus to have a shouter and a confidence behind a battling defence that will also take massive confidence from this game.
    A potential baptism of fire for Dubravka and he extinguished that with distinction.

If Rafa can keep this up I will quite easily fall in love with him and dream about him and wake up with little dired off coloured spots in my undies.
    So let's see more of this Rafa.

Shows what I said all along in that we aren't a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    They are probably sat in a dark room somewhere,(together) desperately trying to come up with a post designed to dampen the optimism swilling around at the moment. lets wait and see eh!
    I'm a Newcastle united fan of over 45 years mate. I love the club as much as anyone does.
    I want all the best things from it.
    I love these games where we take a team to task and give them a bloody nose.
    I want it to continue.
    I made my last 12 games prediction good and bad pertaining to how Rafa wills et us up and my first 3 points was this game...so there's no mindset to dampen any optimism when there's none needed at this time.

I'd rather sing the praises of everyone at the club if I can. Yesterday gave us all something to shout about and little to moan about, except for a few bad ref decisions which matter not, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Odd how ‘both’ of them were absent and didn’t make a comment following that result mind ��
    Aye mate because I should make a point to run directly to this forum after getting home from the game instead of going out and enjoying it all and what not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)