Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Who are the back chatters ?

  1. #21
    i think itís a difficult line. And no doubt KN will learn more from this period than the ďgood timesĒ earlier in the season.

    I think if Iím going to be critical, he probably need to learn to take time to calm down before facing the media or send out his assistant.

    Nothing wrong with being angry. Nothing wrong with saying the performance was awful, nothing wrong with saying the players are going to be made to watch the game over.

    But I think to admit there is ďback chatĒ in the dressing room was something better kept behind closed doors.

    These things are never good put into the media, and as you can see in this thread, create a negative finger pointing excercise.

  2. #22
    A boss that is willing to allow their staff to question them in certain situations is a good thing, it creates an inclusive working environment but only if said boss has the respect of their team. Back chatting is something else, it suggests a lack of respect for the manager by the individuals concerned. There is absolutely no point trying to surmise who this/these individuals are, it holds no purpose other than to sensationalise what is most likely just a build up of frustration and insecurity throughout the team.

    For what it's worth though I would say it has to be Duffy

  3. #23
    Bad man-management. Criticism should be in private and praise in public. The fans should be supporting the team, but it appears the fans on here are now guessing who is to blame. The old adage, don't wash your dirty linen in public, applies.

  4. #24
    After this bust up the question is will it help or hinder the game tomorrow.

    I'm hoping after training today the air has been cleared and we get a good result against Carlisle.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    Bad man-management. Criticism should be in private and praise in public. The fans should be supporting the team, but it appears the fans on here are now guessing who is to blame.
    That's what we do on here, speculate about things. Fans support the club, not the team.

  6. #26
    Correct
    The club will be around long after these players have gone
    Also its because we care.....

  7. #27
    Think the clue will be in the team selection tomorrow night "There will be changes and thatís why Iíve got a squad. We will be working hard and if they donít want to listen then they can come and see me, and we will find somewhere else for them"
    I think Duffy too probably because he was totally done on the goal from a long ball and seeing him going on at Refs before he never seems to know when to button it. Grant seems to have developed a sulky swagger on pitch, kind of Ronaldo style but he needs to remember currently he is playing terrible for a league 2 side. He needs to get real and start fighting if nothing else to try and establish a decent football career for himself.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    i think it’s a difficult line. And no doubt KN will learn more from this period than the “good times” earlier in the season.

    I think if I’m going to be critical, he probably need to learn to take time to calm down before facing the media or send out his assistant.

    Nothing wrong with being angry. Nothing wrong with saying the performance was awful, nothing wrong with saying the players are going to be made to watch the game over.

    But I think to admit there is “back chat” in the dressing room was something better kept behind closed doors.

    These things are never good put into the media, and as you can see in this thread, create a negative finger pointing excercise.
    The thing is it's worse time for someone to have a microphone or camera shoved in their face, which is why some managers don't come out until later, or send someone else.

    I'm still firmly believe that KN was right to show publicly how disappointed, angry and frustrated he was with his players performance. It was a truthful, open and honest interview. For that reason I have full respect for him as our manager and he has 100% of my support.

    He probably spoke more like a fan and how a supporter would who had attended the game, but I don't mind that one bit as he's kind of like Shaun Derry was in that respect in that he cares and it means a lot to him and they are straight talkers. I'd much prefer that over someone like Jamie Fullarton who would not reveal themselves during interviews.

    What's done is done, and the best possible and most positive way to respond to a bad week at the office is tomorrow night for players to work hard as they have done for a large majority of the season and the fans get behind them and we come away with a victory. Do that and the events of the last week will be chip paper.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Nolo is on a learning curve, and this is the first time I have seen him so angry.....whether it gets the desired result we will soon find out....personally I am glad to see a different side to his character because I am not convinced that "arms around shoulders" every time actually works for everyone
    Doubt Nolans rant will get the desired results, often just the opposite. I agree that Nolan is on a learning curve but he needs to to learn that slagging off the players in public, calling they crap and treating them like school boys is actually very poor man-management. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the bum.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    A boss that is willing to allow their staff to question them in certain situations is a good thing, it creates an inclusive working environment but only if said boss has the respect of their team. Back chatting is something else, it suggests a lack of respect for the manager by the individuals concerned. There is absolutely no point trying to surmise who this/these individuals are, it holds no purpose other than to sensationalise what is most likely just a build up of frustration and insecurity throughout the team.

    For what it's worth though I would say it has to be Duffy
    If i was a player and was asked to kick the ball aimlessly up field just for it to come straight back (as we have done for most of this season), then i think i would have given him some back chat. Some of the football this season has been dreadful and although we have won a number of games KN must shoulder some of the responsibility for this style of play. Now we have been sussed out and are losing games, suddenly it is everyone else fault but his...

  11. #31
    Duffy - of course - we all saw him shouting back at KN after making that mistake in last home game
    Hawkridge - not putting the effort in like at start of season
    Grant - maybe
    Forte - sore after not getting his move away in Jan when Le Fondre deal fell through

    Maybe we will tell from who starts against Carlisle

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by calmpie View Post

    Maybe we will tell from who starts against Carlisle
    Possibly, but some or all may have had a chat about it and agreed to a fresh start.
    After what has been achieved up to now, nobody deserves supporters getting on their backs. Grant is probably the most likely 'back chatter' but his contribution has been very significant (in terms goals that helped keep us up and push on) and people shouldn't forget that.

  13. #33
    For years we've had players who when they decide they don't want to play or don't like the manager then they know a few weeks underperforming and they'll have a new manager. Not anymore and I welcome the fact the players are being told shape up or fcuk off, for once they'll be the ones out on their ear. If they want to get treated like children then by not trying, being disciplined, sulking and thumbing their noses at the people who pay their bills then they can **** off.

  14. #34
    No matter who the players were I think by Kevin Nolanís reaction he isnít used to seeing that kind of thing in the dressing room. Itís terribly unproffesional to back chat a manager.

    I hope Nolanís rant does spark the players into performing, if not I expect them to be out of the door come May, I personally donít want players questioning the manager when the going gets tough and we lose a bit of form. Really says something about said players.

    In fact if they donít respect a manager like Kevin Nolan at this level who will they respect? He has a decent win ratio (47.4%) probably only bettered by Nathan Jones (50.8%) and I imagine Luton have spent much more and got a larger budget.

    And if they donít respect his managerial achievement as itís very much in its infancy, as a player he achieved much more than manyÖ

  15. #35
    I would also like to add that although I agree with 99% of what Alan Hardy has done, and I donít mind the overhyping he has been criticised for, he needs to try and promote the club.

    However I donít think that joking about the 8-1 loss to Swansea on Twitter was a good move, in fact if any of the players follow him or have seen it that might lead to some attitude from some players. I mean could you imagine being humiliated on national tv to go home and wake up to seeing your own chairman joking about it. Would hurt your pride and maybe cause some disdain.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    No matter who the players were I think by Kevin Nolanís reaction he isnít used to seeing that kind of thing in the dressing room. Itís terribly unproffesional to back chat a manager.

    I hope Nolanís rant does spark the players into performing, if not I expect them to be out of the door come May, I personally donít want players questioning the manager when the going gets tough and we lose a bit of form. Really says something about said players.

    In fact if they donít respect a manager like Kevin Nolan at this level who will they respect? He has a decent win ratio (47.4%) probably only bettered by Nathan Jones (50.8%) and I imagine Luton have spent much more and got a larger budget.

    And if they donít respect his managerial achievement as itís very much in its infancy, as a player he achieved much more than manyÖ
    Welcome to the messageboard Mrs Nolan.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Welcome to the messageboard Mrs Nolan.
    Whatever happened to JUDGEWOMAN.... Was she "outed"?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I have no idea why Nolan would talk to the media about this.
    Always strikes me as being a bit like pressure group politics. You hardly ever hear about the most effective pressure and lobbying groups, because they're having all the influence they need behind the scenes. Those that go public tend to do it as a last resort when all other channels have failed.

  19. #39
    Considering our season so far, good FA cup run, good league position, good support and a positive chairman why would any 1st team player be so disruptive? What has happened to cause unrest?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Considering our season so far, good FA cup run, good league position, good support and a positive chairman why would any 1st team player be so disruptive? What has happened to cause unrest?
    Exactly I think Nolan has had words in the dressing room and a few didnt like what he said thats life happens at other clubs and in regular jobs.

    Nolan was clearly angry in the interview and said a few things nowdays everyone listens to every word you say he said nothing that was incorrect move onto Carlisle !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •