+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who are the back chatters ?

i think it’s a difficult line. And no doubt KN will learn more from this period than the “good times” earlier in the season.

I think if I’m going to be critical, he probably need to learn to take time to calm down before facing the media or send out his assistant.

Nothing wrong with being angry. Nothing wrong with saying the performance was awful, nothing wrong with saying the players are going to be made to watch the game over.

But I think to admit there is “back chat” in the dressing room was something better kept behind closed doors.

These things are never good put into the media, and as you can see in this thread, create a negative finger pointing excercise.

A boss that is willing to allow their staff to question them in certain situations is a good thing, it creates an inclusive working environment but only if said boss has the respect of their team. Back chatting is something else, it suggests a lack of respect for the manager by the individuals concerned. There is absolutely no point trying to surmise who this/these individuals are, it holds no purpose other than to sensationalise what is most likely just a build up of frustration and insecurity throughout the team.

For what it's worth though I would say it has to be Duffy

Bad man-management. Criticism should be in private and praise in public. The fans should be supporting the team, but it appears the fans on here are now guessing who is to blame. The old adage, don't wash your dirty linen in public, applies.

After this bust up the question is will it help or hinder the game tomorrow.

I'm hoping after training today the air has been cleared and we get a good result against Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    Bad man-management. Criticism should be in private and praise in public. The fans should be supporting the team, but it appears the fans on here are now guessing who is to blame.
    That's what we do on here, speculate about things. Fans support the club, not the team.

Correct
    The club will be around long after these players have gone
    Also its because we care.....

Think the clue will be in the team selection tomorrow night "There will be changes and that’s why I’ve got a squad. We will be working hard and if they don’t want to listen then they can come and see me, and we will find somewhere else for them"
    I think Duffy too probably because he was totally done on the goal from a long ball and seeing him going on at Refs before he never seems to know when to button it. Grant seems to have developed a sulky swagger on pitch, kind of Ronaldo style but he needs to remember currently he is playing terrible for a league 2 side. He needs to get real and start fighting if nothing else to try and establish a decent football career for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    i think it’s a difficult line. And no doubt KN will learn more from this period than the “good times” earlier in the season.

I think if I’m going to be critical, he probably need to learn to take time to calm down before facing the media or send out his assistant.

Nothing wrong with being angry. Nothing wrong with saying the performance was awful, nothing wrong with saying the players are going to be made to watch the game over.

But I think to admit there is “back chat” in the dressing room was something better kept behind closed doors.

These things are never good put into the media, and as you can see in this thread, create a negative finger pointing excercise.
    The thing is it's worse time for someone to have a microphone or camera shoved in their face, which is why some managers don't come out until later, or send someone else.

I'm still firmly believe that KN was right to show publicly how disappointed, angry and frustrated he was with his players performance. It was a truthful, open and honest interview. For that reason I have full respect for him as our manager and he has 100% of my support.

He probably spoke more like a fan and how a supporter would who had attended the game, but I don't mind that one bit as he's kind of like Shaun Derry was in that respect in that he cares and it means a lot to him and they are straight talkers. I'd much prefer that over someone like Jamie Fullarton who would not reveal themselves during interviews.

What's done is done, and the best possible and most positive way to respond to a bad week at the office is tomorrow night for players to work hard as they have done for a large majority of the season and the fans get behind them and we come away with a victory. Do that and the events of the last week will be chip paper.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Nolo is on a learning curve, and this is the first time I have seen him so angry.....whether it gets the desired result we will soon find out....personally I am glad to see a different side to his character because I am not convinced that "arms around shoulders" every time actually works for everyone
    Doubt Nolans rant will get the desired results, often just the opposite. I agree that Nolan is on a learning curve but he needs to to learn that slagging off the players in public, calling they crap and treating them like school boys is actually very poor man-management. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    A boss that is willing to allow their staff to question them in certain situations is a good thing, it creates an inclusive working environment but only if said boss has the respect of their team. Back chatting is something else, it suggests a lack of respect for the manager by the individuals concerned. There is absolutely no point trying to surmise who this/these individuals are, it holds no purpose other than to sensationalise what is most likely just a build up of frustration and insecurity throughout the team.

For what it's worth though I would say it has to be Duffy
    If i was a player and was asked to kick the ball aimlessly up field just for it to come straight back (as we have done for most of this season), then i think i would have given him some back chat. Some of the football this season has been dreadful and although we have won a number of games KN must shoulder some of the responsibility for this style of play. Now we have been sussed out and are losing games, suddenly it is everyone else fault but his...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast