Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Who are the back chatters ?

  1. #1

    Who are the back chatters ?

    I am still seething nearly 24 hours after getting back from Barnet and started wondering who the trouble makers (or back chatters) were.
    The team or a couple if individuals ?

    Dan Jones and Liam Noble have reputations for being hot headed
    Cant see it being Shola or Hunty or the loanees

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    I am still seething nearly 24 hours after getting back from Barnet and started wondering who the trouble makers (or back chatters) were.
    The team or a couple if individuals ?

    Dan Jones and Liam Noble have reputations for being hot headed
    Cant see it being Shola or Hunty or the loanees
    Liam Noble

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    I am still seething nearly 24 hours after getting back from Barnet and started wondering who the trouble makers (or back chatters) were.
    The team or a couple if individuals ?

    Dan Jones and Liam Noble have reputations for being hot headed
    Cant see it being Shola or Hunty or the loanees
    I actually thought it might be Grant.....his mate has gone to S****horpe and his form has dipped alarmingly?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I actually thought it might be Grant.....his mate has gone to S****horpe and his form has dipped alarmingly?
    Duffy as a lot to say on the pitch ( I know he is the captain) but it's mainly blaming everyone else for his mistakes.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I actually thought it might be Grant.....his mate has gone to S****horpe and his form has dipped alarmingly?
    I wouldn't rule this out, but you have to look at his football league career. This has all been under Nolan. He has gone from a reserve player to a player that in now marketable. You would imagine he if he has stepped out of line, if he if he has a brain, he will quickly sort it out. I am still to be convinced that Noble actually has a brain.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I actually thought it might be Grant.....his mate has gone to S****horpe and his form has dipped alarmingly?
    I'd go with Grant being one of them. In commentary, CS said during a break in play that Nolan had called them all over to give instructions but Grant was slowly ambling over, which Nolan took exception with. That coupled with the pathetic back-heel he apparently did to concede possession needlessly. Seems like a bit of an attitude issue?

  7. #7
    I don't think a bit of backchat is a bad thing as long as it's done in a constructive way. An honest and frank exchange of opinions should help us get to the reasons for the downturn in form. If it's done to undermine Nolan's authority then that's a different matter entirely, but I hope (and think) our manager is big enough to take a bit of criticism on the chin.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Duffy as a lot to say on the pitch ( I know he is the captain) but it's mainly blaming everyone else for his mistakes.
    There is a chance it could be Duffy, but sitting lower down in the DP shows that this is nothing new, Duffy has been vocal towards the dugout (even when we were doing well). If Nolan didn't like the this you would imagine he would have stamped this out months ago.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Duffy as a lot to say on the pitch ( I know he is the captain) but it's mainly blaming everyone else for his mistakes.
    Yep, another possible candidate that is currently under threat from a recent signing who has yet to make his debut....maybe he knows his days are numbered?

    If he does get dropped, then I assume that Stead takes over the captaincy?

  10. #10
    I have no idea why Nolan would talk to the media about this.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I have no idea why Nolan would talk to the media about this.
    Nolo is on a learning curve, and this is the first time I have seen him so angry.....whether it gets the desired result we will soon find out....personally I am glad to see a different side to his character because I am not convinced that "arms around shoulders" every time actually works for everyone

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I wouldn't rule this out, but you have to look at his football league career. This has all been under Nolan. He has gone from a reserve player to a player that in now marketable. You would imagine he if he has stepped out of line, if he if he has a brain, he will quickly sort it out. I am still to be convinced that Noble actually has a brain.
    Noble has had well~publicised issues at FGR, plus he appears to had lost the plot at the end of his last stint with us....it would seem a bit early for those "mental issues" to resurface after only a few months back in the starting 16 or 17....but who knows, my guess is we will not find out until someone suddenly departs on loan or transfer

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Nolo is on a learning curve, and this is the first time I have seen him so angry.....whether it gets the desired result we will soon find out....personally I am glad to see a different side to his character because I am not convinced that "arms around shoulders" every time actually works for everyone
    This ^^^^^^

  14. #14
    Nolo has made a schoolboy error letting that info out. He should know better than that, it shows his lack of management skills. Who cares who back chats, tell them to shut up and get on with winning games. Noble is trouble and Duffy is the only CH you can hear squeal from the stands, weak as piss.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Noble has had well~publicised issues at FGR, plus he appears to had lost the plot at the end of his last stint with us....it would seem a bit early for those "mental issues" to resurface after only a few months back in the starting 16 or 17....but who knows, my guess is we will not find out until someone suddenly departs on loan or transfer
    Noble's "well publicised issues" at FGR were to do with a family issue that has now been resolved, nothing to do with anyone at FGR or football in general, more to do with his location and the location of members of his family that has been fixed by Shola giving him lifts pretty much.

    I highly doubt it would be Noble, he seems to be really trying to buckle down and get on with his career (even if his form hasn't been great).

    I think Duffy is a much more likely choice as he regularly has arguments with the coaching staff when they give him instructions on the pitch, so we actually have proof he does it, it's just whether Nolan is speaking about him specifically or not.

  16. #16
    I think Nolan was quite in his rights to call them out, naive or not it needed saying .shows us fans he has teeth and passion.my money is on Duffy, hawkridge( seeing the cast he came off the pitch ), noble pure trouble that lad and Jones .I did consider grant but he has said many times how much Nolan has done for him so likecyou think he will reward that with loyalty.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrolane View Post
    Nolo has made a schoolboy error letting that info out. He should know better than that, it shows his lack of management skills. Who cares who back chats, tell them to shut up and get on with winning games. Noble is trouble and Duffy is the only CH you can hear squeal from the stands, weak as piss.

    Totally disagree, well done Nolan, say how it is, if they donít like it itís time they grew up, they are supposed to be men.

  18. #18
    Regardless of his past silliness I would be extremely surprised if Noble was a culprit this time around. Grant would be a candidate IMHO based on his recent lack of intensity and Nolan's reference to people beginning to believe their own hype. He's by far the most hyped player we've had this season. Makes no sense of course but his body language isn't good of late.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Regardless of his past silliness I would be extremely surprised if Noble was a culprit this time around. Grant would be a candidate IMHO based on his recent lack of intensity and Nolan's reference to people beginning to believe their own hype. He's by far the most hyped player we've had this season. Makes no sense of course but his body language isn't good of late.
    I would think it was Grant too he is the only one that fits the hype statement.
    If you can stand looking at the match on ifollow again watch Grant from 5 .34 seconds seems to just give up chasing back so he has either got the bug half the team seems to have or injured or got the sulks .
    I hope he gets his head right for the rest of the season.

  20. #20
    A lot of the players that were good prior to Xmas have seen big drops in form. I suspect it is out of this crop where the back chat is coming from. Grant, Hawkridge, both centre backs and Jones.
    I donít believe Noble is one due to his lack of game time.
    And THAT goal we conceded. Shambolic. Long punts are bread and butter for League 2 defenders. Seemingly not ours though.
    I want changes. Not just attitude but personnel. Players need to be selected on current form, not what they were doing 2-3 months ago.
    My final thought is that I agree with Nolan and he should be able to dress down his team in public when the time is right, this was definitely one of those times. He has talked the talk, can he now walk the walk?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •