+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T What's your all time favourite instrumental piece of music?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Liked Telstar as a little lad. I'm gonna go all hippy and say Theme One by Van Der Graaf Generator though I'm sure there are others I've forgotten,
    Yes, good 'uns from the field of pop/rock music. Dutch band, Focus also had some instrumental hits in the 70s. "Telstar" though, was way ahead of its day and started off the genre of electronic pop music, influencing Kraftwerk, and then many others later on. Still sounds great today

Grimethorpe Colliery Band of course playing Floral Dance .

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    My late father loved the big band sound and every Sunday morning the house was full of brass band music of which some's rubbed off on me

So mine's Glen Miller In the mood
    I like the big band stuff as well. My dad likes Stan Kenton - a bit more progressive than Glenn Miller. This is one of his signature arrangements (no doubt a hit with our most illustrious poster - a put down that never gets old)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-wrARhtOU

Too many to mention Brin lad so I will pick three.

1. Booker T & the MG's - Time is Tight.
    2. Booker T & the MG's - Green Onions.
    3. Henry Mancini - The Pink Panther Theme
    Always reminds me of Peter Sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I like the big band stuff as well. My dad likes Stan Kenton - a bit more progressive than Glenn Miller. This is one of his signature arrangements (no doubt a hit with our most illustrious poster - a put down that never gets old)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw-wrARhtOU
    Wrinkly just asked her indoors for a salsa she said 'there's some in fridge!'

Talented musicians amaze me.
    I love this tune but it's the fact that the kid was 14 at the time and it was his own arrangement which really impresses me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ojt7e88g2I

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Too many to mention Brin lad so I will pick three.

1. Booker T & the MG's - Time is Tight.
    2. Booker T & the MG's - Green Onions.
    3. Henry Mancini - The Pink Panther Theme
    Always reminds me of Peter Sellers.
    Yes, more good 'uns, C64F... difficult to pick just one from a field that covers rock, pop, classical. folk, film soundtracks, TV programme themes, etc

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Yes, more good 'uns, C64F... difficult to pick just one from a field that covers rock, pop, classical. folk, film soundtracks, TV programme themes, etc
    Good choices pal and yes there are literally 1000's of instrumentals out there that we all can relate to.

Led Zepplins " whole lotta love " better known as the signature tune to TOTP's .

A thousand memories there from my youth although not of one particularly presenter from that time I might add .

Years ago they used to have a quiz in the Mailcoach on Thursday nights. The quizmaster was also a dj who played some decent music along with the quiz. Songs he played every week still stick in my mind.

Valley Road by Bruce Hornsby and the Range was one
    Don't stop believing by journey was another

Not instrumentals of course but this one was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOHDHHsqbo

Just a catchy tune you couldn't get out of your head . Evokes memories of some great nights out.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast