+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jeez, its gonna be a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    That's it in a nutshell WTF, of course I want LUFC to be winning things, but then I look at the likes of Man City and Chelsea and I think, what's the difference between them and the Harlem Globetrotters really,,,,,,,,, Or as marley has just said, we could definitely be winning stuff again, guaranteed, as long as whoever owns the club has deep enough pockets - and where's the genuine satisfaction in winning like that ?

Same here. Some great posts & points here. Every single one of us want to see our blown apart club back in the premiership.....that's our goal/hopes. We deal with what happens then once back. Title is won these days by buying it unfortunately for genuine football fans. Hate turning a few old back pages, it is what it is. Might not be good enough to be going up but as seasons go on by we should be in the mix, the teams we've had seem to lack consistent passion and heart, the will to win.......unlike the fans who follow us week in week out. My two cents.

I've given up on this season after seeing we are 14 points behind 4th place! Considering 5th are Fulham who look unstoppable and 6th are Bristol I don't rate our chances even if 2 of those top 6 have dreadful runs they're so far ahead we'd have to win every game we have left practically!

We are also joint bottom of the form table in last 8 games with Burton lol Promotion here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    We are also joint bottom of the form table in last 8 games with Burton lol Promotion here we come!
    Shows what kind of season we've really had Joel - interesting. We were bottom of that same table just before Christmas too.

I've given up on this season too - obviously would love a miracle (we are Leeds after all) but realistically we're now looking at next season and hoping the new manager has a great run in that sets us up for a lot of proper investment in the summer - as Marley says, 4 or 5 major signings.

Won't be holding my breath for any of this though.

On the positive - we're not going to get relegated!

Our owner's intent was to finish top 6. That certainly won't be happening, so really looking forward to an early statemnent next preseason on the aim for the year. If he says top 6 again, then he would expect to be savaged by supporters for same old same old. He can't spruike anything less than automatic promotion this time can he? 😞 Talk is cheap as we know...and he'll need to back it up with necessary investment obviously...but will be very interesting to see what he comes out with.

Call me over optimistic here, but how do any of you know this season is dead as far as 6th is concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Call me over optimistic here, but how do any of you know this season is dead as far as 6th is concerned?
    mathematically possible , realistically impossible, a team that has already lost 13 games this season, and we are only in february , who have not won since boxing day , and are devoid of any real quality all over pitch will not get top six ,

have you looked at the league table lately clive ? lol
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 14-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.

It can still happen mathematically of course, but it ain't just a matter of us turning it around now. Other teams above us are going to have to fall off the rails as well pal. I won't be putting my money on both things happening together at this stage...

If we don't get anything from the next couple of games, the season has passed us by and we might as well look to shaping the squad for next season.

However I am going to be optimistic, win the next 2-3 games and we are right back in it. I think it is more of an advantage for a team to chase down a top 6 finish than it is to defend it. It could also be that now the team is further down the table they may just put in better performance and play with more freedom. Also got a few lads coming back into the side that will have a positive impact.

Far to early to lose the faith yet when its still mathematically possible. One of the beauties of football and Leeds, just about anything can happen!

Is this realistic, who care's, got to be more fun than being all doomy & gloomy

Because we are bottom of the form table in a run which encompassed most of the worst teams in this league. To achieve 6th we need Fulham or Bristol and 2/3 more teams to end the season as badly as we are playing currently and we need to go on a run that sees us beat most of the top 6 as well as winning 10-12 of our remaining games.

If we had been losing recently but being unlucky against top sides I'd have some faith but we've looked dreadful against dreadful teams, there is nothing that convinces me we will all of a sudden go on a winning spree against all the best teams in the league.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)