+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeez, its gonna be a long week.

Long-suffering Leeds United fans, its what we are .....but, its been too long. We need a miracle..and soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Its really hard to be positive about the rest of the season..convinced myself this could be our season after the start we had..but yet here we are again..not going up not going down.

Finding myself thinking about next season when we still have 15 games of this season to go
    When Clive cuts you a slice, youl be goin for automatic promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    And there i was reading your thread title thinking you were going to miss me....

I need to get some reading glasses....
    Lol. Closest you might ever come to jezuz.

Xdxd

Could be worse. The Chicago cubs went a 108 years without winning a world series.

would be so different if we had started as poorly as we played the last couple of months and finished like we started the year. same result table wise but a totally different feel.

wish we'd move up some of the U-23's. However, want Hecky who to figure out to get rid of. we have some deadwood and some just not good enough. He probably has a really good idea of who that is already since he's seen us from another teams bench and scouted us for those games as well as seen them in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    When Clive cuts you a slice, youl be goin for automatic promotion.
    Lol

Well I prefer to try and remain optimistic.
    Hecky got a good look on Saturday and he’s already done important things- changed tactics at half time and motivated the players to go on the front foot and be more aggressive. They did all of those things.
    He saw the petulant tackle by Roofe that yet again cost the team an unnecessary booking. Hecky’s already said he doesn’t mind a player taking one for the team but won’t tolerate stupid bookings, so that’s positive too.
    He’s a good and well respected coach known for bringing players through. Excellent there then.
    He knows the Championship very well and is aware of possible players to bring in. Players from other teams respect him as well as other managers. He has that likeability factor that most managers don’t have.
    He doesn’t dodge any questions at press conferences and answers all questions well.
    He has not witnessed what we all witness each home game and that’s a fantastic fan support. Still makes the hairs on my neck stand up. That will motivate him more, especially when he becomes one of us ........ and he will.
    I’ve no idea how wealthy Radz is but for me he has bought the ground back, invested decent sums in players to date and I suspect he will invest more as he too gets to grips with the Championship.
    Things are poised for a decent try at getting out of this league but we have to be realistic - can we really compete with Villa’s spending for example - I doubt it so surely we have to invest in the U23s especially now we have a proven coach who has been very successful at bringing through youngsters - only to be shot in the foot by Barnsley owners who have to sell to survive. That’s their model but ours will surely not be a policy of selling them to the detriment of getting to the Premiership. I believe because I want to that Radz won’t do that.
    A midfield choice between Saiz, Hernandez, Phillips, Vieira, Forshaw for starters isn’t bad is it? Tyler Roberts is still to come and Lasogga can score goals - given support even though he looks a lumax at times, I think Hecky will see that and give him that support.
    Defence should do better, it’s not that we have bad players, I think Hecky will get them drilled and we will start to see improvement almost immediately. Maybe too late for this season but there are still plenty of points to be won and plenty of 6 pointer games to be won. Full squad to chose from within a couple of weeks?

Even if it’s too late for this season, most things look healthy for a great 2018/19 season. No need for the doom and gloom surely?

..................... tin helmet already on and I’m off to get mi coat 😜
    Last edited by Pacaman; 12-02-2018 at 05:06 PM.

good post, agree with most of that.

It ain't too late, granted top has gone, but there's still 5 places up for grabs

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    It ain't too late, granted top has gone, but there's still 5 places up for grabs
    we aint got a cat in hells chance of top six clive , try getting down to elland road once in your life, then you might see how bad this team really are fella lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)