+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Days like today

Days like today

remind you how much you love the Club and how important it is in your life.

It's been so shit for so long that going just becomes a chore-you do it because you're a supporter but friends who aren't into football look at you in a pitying/disbelieving way when you explain that you pay hundreds/thousands a year to do something that brings you so little joy. I often wonder myself although, really, I know why I do it-it's in my blood, it's my club, it's my family's club, my mates' club. It doesn't ever feel like a choice but it often feels like a curse. And by the way, I know folk who are going to stop going, like Mick or people who have already stopped, feel exactly the same way and feel that the only way to save the club they love is to try to force the owner's hand-fair play to them and God knows sometimes I feel like doing it too.

But on days like today, man-when the whole ground is swelling with noise, with pride...as one......there's nowt like it and there's nowt better.

ffs, man-the final whistle was greeted with celebrations like we'd won something (apart from just a game)...can you imagine what it would be like if we ever did?? People were walking out and hugging each other, folk were randomly punching the air, everyone was smiling.

Today was mint, man.

That is why WE are Newcastle fans Zippity. No pretentious shyte, i've supporters them from whenever/ you're a plastic/abusive shyte, none of that. Its from the heart, lots of bad days but desperately wanting us to succeed. We were Superb today from 1-11 (or whatever) and WE deserve to enjoy it as well as all the other non-twisting argumentative so called Newcastle fans who cant wait to slag us, Rafa or OUR city off. Forza Newcastle forever.

today was superb, days like today (and I've had a good amount of them over the years) make supporting this fantastic club worthwhile.

it is also a reminder of what I am giving up by cancelling my tickets.
    hopefully I can have 5 more days like this before the season is over and me n me boys can go in style.

then hopefully Jabba the sock seller will sell up and I will join the back of the queue for tickets.

great day, amazing atmosphere, awesome 3 points!

MICK, DONT YOU EVER OR YOUR BOYS GIVE UP MAN! It is because of people like us and thousands of others the club is there for. We will stay up (there are some who hope we don't but feck what they think or say) and the big fat feckn cloud will be gone. You'll be able to return. Dont worry, be happy!

Picture four grown men dancing around my living room like daft little kids when Ritchie scored his goal, pure f'uckin magic !

ffs, man-the final whistle was greeted with celebrations like we'd won something (apart from just a game)...can you imagine what it would be like if we ever did?? People were walking out and hugging each other, folk were randomly punching the air, everyone was smiling.

Was a great win and performance and fans should so so happy and celebrating but shows what Ashley has done to our fans that we are over celebrating like a league 1 club would if they beat man utd in a cup final.

We are Newcastle utd who once competed with man utd for the league title now we are celebrating like Southend would if they won

Shame on u Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post

Was a great win and performance and fans should so so happy and celebrating but shows what Ashley has done to our fans that we are over celebrating like a league 1 club would if they beat man utd in a cup final.

We are Newcastle utd who once competed with man utd for the league title now we are celebrating like Southend would if they won

Shame on u Ashley
    Funny you should pick up on that because that's exactly what I was going to post initially.

Ashley should be ashamed of himself (he won't be) the way he's fucking around with something which means so much to so many people. Honestly, the whole City is a different place after we've won.

All we want is a club we can be proud of because they've tried, they've had a go. The Club is synonymous with the City and, as a rule, we're a lot more passionate about our City-and by association, our Club than folk in other areas.

Today was f*cking epic, Ashley or no Ashley.

In fact, it was epic in spite of Ashley but because of Rafa, the staff, the fans and the players - Ashley is the only one receiving zero love today.

Rafa's detractors are quiet tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Rafa's detractors are quiet tonight!
    Aye - noticed that as well, wonder whether it would be this quiet if we'd lost 0-1. I suspect not personally.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Today was f*cking epic, Ashley or no Ashley.

In fact, it was epic in spite of Ashley but because of Rafa, the staff, the fans and the players - Ashley is the only one receiving zero love today.
    Well said, really well said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)