+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brfcs posts I agree with..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Another way of looking at it is that we failed to beat Oldham Athletic at home.

Being grateful that our rivals didn’t take advantage doesn’t really make up for it. Especially when the reason for that failure is more meddling from the manager. He should have chosen between Bell and Williams yesterday and bottled it because he thought neither deserved dropping. Successful managers are ruthless not benevolent. As it was the lad he should have started instead of playing Bell in a position he is ineffective in eventually spared our blushes and embarrassed Mowbray.

For what it’s worth I’d have dropped Williams as he can provide cover is a couple of positions. As it was it created an imbalance in the midfield and turned Downing into a scapegoat.

We have to start taking advantage of Wigan, and more realistically Shrewsbury, slipping up and take these opportunities. If not at home to a struggling Oldham then when?

An opportunity missed more than a point gained.
    well almost all of our points home and away this season have been gained battering sides around us. So looking at the season as a whole, I'd say when we play the same sides we have already picked up points against. Vrs the struggling sides, I expect Wigan, us and Shrews to drop points (like all did on Sat) when we play sides around us, like Wigan, we will batter them. Like we did with Shrewsbury etc

Champs, the comments you've replied to attributing to me, are quoted posts off brfcs site..

You spent ages replying to posts that aren't even mine.. Doh. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

You spent ages replying to posts that aren't even mine.. Doh. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Nice side step matey ......but you aint getting away with that easily.
    Do you believe these quotes? As in, can you get alongside what they are saying?
    As if that's a YES ....then my post was aimed at you, and not some random on brfc's.
    Yes it took a while, but people who talk ****e need addressing. While it took a while, I'm sure it took time for you to copy and paste someone's opinion off one site and onto another.
    I guess that explains the confusion.
    Would it not be easier to just go to Ewood and see for yourself?

Don't worry about answering any or my questions though. I shan't spend time responding to the guy on brfc's, as I don't post there. Maybe you would be good enough to post my replys to him? Then again, lets suggest I would be wasting my time. I am already surrounded by these idiots in the Riverside. I'm used to it.
    The best way to deal with these boards is copy n paste someone elses opinion. Agree with them. Then when you are asked a question, completely ignore them, and say 'he did it' ......
    Last edited by champs95; 12-02-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Sax , WADR you cannot put up a thread titled ‘postings I agree with’ then claim no connection !!!
    That is a pretty spooky direction you’re taking there.
    I would seriously hope you did all this with tongue in cheek, but suspect you were actually dead serious.

That's got my back up fkn big time, I won't mince my words. Don't start trying to take the piss out of me!! Fk that.
    You start a thread entitled, 'postings from brfc's I AGREE with'. So what if I respond? I don't post on that site. But by saying 'I agree with' certain posts from brfc's and quote them, then by proxy, your saying those opinions are yours. By saying you agree with them?
    If you didn't agree with them then post, 'these are posts from brfc's I dont agree with'. And that's a whole other discussion/thread.
    No need to try make me look a ****, 'you just took all that time posting to me' .....
    .....Yeah, I did, because I'm responding to what has been said, and what you agreed with (on the subject line)
    Can we clear this up please, as it's not on.

When you are committed to one team, every match tends to get analysed from that point of view.
    If Dack had scored Oldham's first goal, we would have been saying, "Brilliant!" As it is, we see it as a mistake by Nyambe. Managers do this too. Virtually every opposition goal is described as a "bad goal" that could have been prevented.
    This takes us back to the bigger picture of the manger's responsibility. The media have led us to a position where NOTHING ELSE COUNTS except the choices made by your/our club's boss.
    What else do we ignore if we fall into the trap of thinking like this?
    1) The choices made by the OTHER manager.
    2) Individual errors and pieces of brilliance.
    3) The fact that a team playing a ten-man defensive wall does often make the other team look bereft of ideas.
    4) The unpredictable elements that arise from 11 professionals against 11 professionals - all of roughly equal standard,
    5) The difference made by a ball hitting the post as opposed to slipping just inside it.
    6) Deflections.
    7) The bounce of the ball.
    8) Weather conditions and the state of the pitch.
    9) Refereeing decisions.
    10) Whether a team "clicks" on the day (and I have never quite worked out why this happens in some games and not in others).
    11) The elements of "chaos theory" that arise in a football match because of the huge number of different inputs.
    12) Luck. (And no, Saxo, you do not "make your own luck" because the word specifically refers to those things which are BEYOND and OUTSIDE conscious control). Kean was guilty of many mistakes, but I still shake my head at the poster who said it was his fault that we hit the woodwork four times in one match.
    13) Form. Even your best players have off-days.
    14) Etc, etc. I'm sure there are obvious things I have missed.

I have often been accused of being too soft on managers. Not so, and - of course - managerial decision-making has to be another item in that list. The point I make over and over again, though, is that it is flying in the face of all reason to argue that the outcome of a match is totally dependent on decisions made in advance by the boss.
    Hand on heart, and going back to your playing-days, once a game was under way, do you honestly remember thinking about the manager's words in the heat of the action? A game is such a multi-faceted, dynamic situation, dozens of factors are in play.
    Some time ago, either Despair or Dan (where is he?) argued that the manager contributed a factor of about 5% to each individual result. I'd guess that's about right. Of course, sacking a manager because of a long-term pattern is a different thing. Even then, I suspect it often happens simply because the owners don't know what else to do!
    Think about it, though: how many mangers can be truly successful in one season? This is why I have always argued that dividing these men into "good" and "bad" is simplistic. If we're honest, we will acknowledge that the same man can be a hero at one club and be regarded as dross by the fans at another.
    As I've said before recently, I see that Moyes and Hodgson are "good" managers again at the moment!

Champs, in one post you've asked am I writing this to wind you up like I apparently do the Burnley fans.

I didn't write it.

All I'm showing is I'm not alone in seeing what I'm seeing, plenty other ATTENDING fans are seeing it the same as I am.

For balance, there ridiculous happy clappy bollox the other way, like the fan who said the Oldham game was the most exciting rovers game he'd seen in years.
    Oh yea, 2-2 to the leagues bottom form team? Thrilling!

'Champs , my hats off to you sir. That's two excellent posting/replies there.
    Very well balanced thought out deliveries, all without manic drama.'

Christ, get out of arse man. You wonder why I prefer to post elsewhere all this time. This forum has become a little club where nobody challenges opinion. And you call brfcs. Ffs Burnley fan Alfy gets treated better on here than any new potential rovers poster!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)