+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brfcs posts I agree with..

Brfcs posts I agree with..

That reflects a fear that Venkys have funded the club this season on the basis that that TM promised them promotion. What happens if he doesn't manage it?

You yourself have said in another post that we are only a fortnight away from another disastrous decision from Venkys.

That's almost as" hysterical "as saying "only 15 games to save the club"isn't it?

For the record I don't think you're being hysterical at all with that statement but you are having your cake and eating it.

Our recent record will not see us overtake Shrewsbury, indeed we could be looking over our shoulders at the rising pack if we keep failing to beat teams like Oldham.

This isn't hysteria, its common-sense. And these superior people who keep urging the rest to keep calm are getting on my nerves.

Another way of looking at it is that we failed to beat Oldham Athletic at home.

Being grateful that our rivals didn’t take advantage doesn’t really make up for it. Especially when the reason for that failure is more meddling from the manager. He should have chosen between Bell and Williams yesterday and bottled it because he thought neither deserved dropping. Successful managers are ruthless not benevolent. As it was the lad he should have started instead of playing Bell in a position he is ineffective in eventually spared our blushes and embarrassed Mowbray.

For what it’s worth I’d have dropped Williams as he can provide cover is a couple of positions. As it was it created an imbalance in the midfield and turned Downing into a scapegoat.

We have to start taking advantage of Wigan, and more realistically Shrewsbury, slipping up and take these opportunities. If not at home to a struggling Oldham then when?

An opportunity missed more than a point gained.

hysteria and unbeaten runs in context, here is the last 10 league games form :-

Wigan - 6W 3D 1L = 21

Shrews - 6W 2D 2L = 20

Rovers - 4W 5D 1L = 17

Rotherham - 7W 3D = 24

so the facts say

too many draws (same as last season under TM)

we will not be top 2 or even 3 unless something improves in the last 15 games

failure

Oh yes it did. At the end if the game it did, today it doesn't. After thenemotions have calmed down it is what it is, 2 points dropped at home against a team we should be taking 3 points from. Over coaching by our version of tinkerman, too much concern for how to stifle them with the side effect of actually stifling us. How well did that work?

We got lucky on 2 fronts, our automatic spot chasing rivals dropped points and yiung Travis may be the latest to show some real promise. I'll temper that with one word, Tomlinson, who had a similar eye catching performance then immediatley faded. Can we use this yiung lad with Smallwood in place of Bennett, who I thought was awful, I saw some of what Rev mentions. I think it was him that lost the ball for their first and on several occasions I watched him watch the ball run right by him when I thought he should have gained possesion, lazy? scared? I don't know but un-acceptable.

On to Tuesday, I just have little faith. Until I start to see Mowbary consistantly send our lads out to win I won't have. Tony, point out the opponents strengths and weaknesses to our lads then tell em go out there, give their all, have fun, express themselves and win. I really think we have the squad to do it but they need to be allowed to go gung ho once in a while. That's my two cents and that's why I manage mfg people and not football teams.

If I got a £1 for every time someone has said Shrewsbury will fall away this season I could buy the club.

Saxo - who are you talking to here?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Saxo - who are you talking to here?
    None of the above are my comments. They are posts I've selected from brfcs that I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    hysteria and unbeaten runs in context, here is the last 10 league games form :-

Wigan - 6W 3D 1L = 21

Shrews - 6W 2D 2L = 20

Rovers - 4W 5D 1L = 17

Rotherham - 7W 3D = 24

so the facts say

too many draws (same as last season under TM)

we will not be top 2 or even 3 unless something improves in the last 15 games

failure
    IF that trend continues for the remainder, that’s quite right, using a simple mathematical calculation he/we’d fail.
    But that’s the point, it’s a IF.
    Whether you and your chums on BRFCC fears are proven correct fine that’s how it will be.
    We can all blame TM and send him packing, I’ve no real problem with that, as that’s the industry he’s in. And my instinct is that his reaction would be ‘fair do’s my task was to promote us and I failed’.
    I’ll await that outcome before I nail him to cross.

Ps cannot quite understand the quote from an other when saying ‘that’s why I manage mfg people and not football teams’ Can someone possibly explain that to me ? Is he saying he’s too good, or they’re too awkward , or he doesn’t know enough ?
    I’m a tad confused.

Saxo - you STILL haven't tackled my points about individual responsibility for mistakes and poor individual performances.
    Are those REALLY down to the way the manager sets the team up?
    I wish I'd have known that when I was playing!
    I don't know if you're a rugby follower. Finn Russell had an absolute shocker for Scotland yesterday which almost cost his team the match.
    According to Telegraph and BFRCC/S (?) logic, that was not HIS fault!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Saxo - you STILL haven't tackled my points about individual responsibility for mistakes and poor individual performances.
    Are those REALLY down to the way the manager sets the team up?
    I wish I'd have known that when I was playing!
    I don't know if you're a rugby follower. Finn Russell had an absolute shocker for Scotland yesterday which almost cost his team the match.
    According to Telegraph and BFRCC/S (?) logic, that was not HIS fault!
    The amount of goals we concede can not be put down to individual errors, it happens too often.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)