+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brfcs posts I agree with..

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Well well well ......after all the stick you've given those lot aswell?! Shall I point them in the direction of this? ��
    I'm only winding them up, they're the fools to keep biting given our clubs respective positions. I'm leaving them alone now anyway..

I enjoyed my trips to t’turf in their glory days ((70’s) does that count ? 😉
    Oops - this crap site!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I just want promotion and don't care how its achieved. I couldn't care if it was the ugliest football imaginable, as long as it got us out of this league. The thought of facing accy Stanley next season would be truly shameful.
    We all do. We all see footy different, so we all react differently to results.
    If you go back and read my first post from today, I was very critical of Mowbray. And where I felt the problems lie. And I was fkd off at him for Sat, especially after last week. I walked away confused as to whether it was 2 points dropped (especially after seeing the other results) or happy we got one point. Bloody hell, first half we where crap. No hiding that. Last week we where aswell. I just feel that he does care. The players do. And that will shine through over the season as a whole. Once the new lads settle in properly( but TM needs to play them in the correct position and STOP messing about), we get Lenihan & Mulgrew playing together, and Dack & Graham back in form, we will get out of this league. I accept we do need to get up. And if you take the last 15 games, in isolation, it's a massive chance we have. With the players we have etc.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    We all do. We all see footy different, so we all react differently to results.
    If you go back and read my first post from today, I was very critical of Mowbray. And where I felt the problems lie. And I was fkd off at him for Sat, especially after last week. I walked away confused as to whether it was 2 points dropped (especially after seeing the other results) or happy we got one point. Bloody hell, first half we where crap. No hiding that. Last week we where aswell. I just feel that he does care. The players do. And that will shine through over the season as a whole. Once the new lads settle in properly( but TM needs to play them in the correct position and STOP messing about), we get Lenihan & Mulgrew playing together, and Dack & Graham back in form, we will get out of this league. I accept we do need to get up. And if you take the last 15 games, in isolation, it's a massive chance we have. With the players we have etc.
    Were still in a very good position, so hope it all works out. I actually feel mowbray is probably more suited to managing in the championship if we get there.

Were still in a very good position, so hope it all works out. I actually feel mowbray is probably more suited to managing in the championship if we get there.
    I know what you're saying, Saxo.
    What has surprised me about him is that he wants his team to play ground-based, passing football.
    I think the first two games of the season were a shock to him. He tried to put out that kind of team, and then realised: a) he didn't have the right players; and b) the opposition in L.1 tends to play a more old-fashioned style.
    Since then, the majority of players he has brought in have been the skilled type. As yet it hasn't all come together consistently, and we do lack a bit of size and muscle. That's why I'm looking forward to seeing a fit Lenihan back on board.
    If we DO get promoted and we can keep most of our current players, I think we would be mid-table at least in the first season - especially because of the very promising, upcoming crop of Development players.

I actually do agree with that mate. I've thought for a while he would be much better suited. He did ok with us last season all things considered. This is a dirty, physical league to get out of. You mentioned above, its just about getting out of. Not so much how you play. We probably need to sideline some of the pretty stuff we do, for some scrapping results. These last 15 games aren't about pretty football. Its simply about results now. If we start playing crap now, but winning 1-0 I'll take it.

We generally seem now to be all on the same page, thank god for that . Just needs Robin to join in now!

You guys most def. look far deeper into the game than me in all honesty, and have far more understanding of it.
    I just like to see two teams go at it in competition (not combat) and put in a good display. I appreciate both our and the oppositions endeavours, and in fact many a time I'll be glared at after applauding outstanding play by the opposition. During the game of course, but never at the end. I saw the piece by Wellens, wouldn't it be great if all managers made those pronouncements more often. Which of course they tend to down at this level. But up in Prem ??? Forget it !

Don't really need me to join in i am in full agreement
    I like Tony Mowbray and what he is doing in trying to mould a team capable of giving a good account of themselves in the championship
    He has shaken venkys up and they are listening to him
    One problem no promotion will result in a huge sale and stability lost
    We are all in **** or bust
    Exciting on one hand nerve shredding on the other.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)