+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Youths up to u23's is it worth the time and investment

It's in my post what I'm talking about OC,

But Sinkov your title talks of under 23s too. Hence my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I have watched the Under 18s several times this season and they have doen extremely well in stepping up a level and doing very well. In all honesty, it is not results that matter because the team hs had many change each week through injuries or through calls for a few players to step up and play at Under 23 level. The Under 18s have done exceptionally well to be in the position that they are.
    The Under 23 venture has been a fairly new venture and it will take some time to grow into this level, however, because the youth/development system hadsunk so low it will not happen overnight ---as some folk obvioulsy expect.
    Good to hear all is not the doom and gloom some suggest. We have the money to invest so let’s do it. What does it cost anyway to run these teams. It wasn’t that long ago the then Clarets Mad fund was paying to let the youth team play abroad as they had no money.

"The reason is related to the fact that we are not a Category 1 PL side so we can not attract the cream of youngsters."

Yes I know all that OC, nevertheless we've attracted two groups of U18s good enough to reach the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup, I stand to be corrected, but I don't think a single one of either squad progressed enough to play in league football at any level, never mind Championship or PL.

We currently have PL players on our books who have come up through the youth systems of Falkirk, Plymouth, Leeds, Sheffield United, Charlton, Oldham, Bournemouth and Crewe, none of whom are on that elite list, but have produced PL players for us, something which has proved way beyond our youth system for ten years now.

Don’t know but maybe the lack of the u23 infrastructure to bridge the gap

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Don’t know but maybe the lack of the u23 infrastructure to bridge the gap
    From the Opening press Release March 2017

The new training centre will see the youth team and development squads based in the same building, an aspirational idea Dyche was keen to implement.

The Clarets chief is also delighted with the quality of the pitches for his side to train on, an issue that has long been problematic at Gawthorpe.

“The biggest thing is to enclose everyone from the top end of the system, so from 16 and onwards, the academy, development squad and first team can all interlink, exchange ideas as coaching staff and different departments,” the Burnley boss added.

“It’s giving a bigger picture view for the club and giving a better platform to work from.

So let’s give him time.

Under 23s currently beating Oldham 4-0 away with 30 mins to play

"Under 23s currently beating Oldham 4-0 away with 30 mins to play"

According to the club website the Under 23s are currently 4-0 down against Birmingham City at Barnfield with 30 minutes to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    "Under 23s currently beating Oldham 4-0 away with 30 mins to play"

According to the club website the Under 23s are currently 4-0 down against Birmingham City at Barnfield with 30 minutes to play.
    LOL I was quoting the clubs twitter feed which appeared above the thread?? Maybe it was the u 18s Massanka was playing

LOL --they are now losing 5-0 and havea very young team out once again with 3 Trialists also starting -----oh---- and Massanka is playing for the Under 23s!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    LOL I was quoting the clubs twitter feed which appeared above the thread?? Maybe it was the u 18s Massanka was playing
    No I now see I was wilfully misreading BCFC as us and have no idea where Oldham came from.
    So a bad day for the u23s after all. ( or as it really under 18s if all the u23s are in Portugal too!)

This is happening now Alto and big bucks as well ,
    I know a lad who’d been at clubs early doors junior, came away played with his mates again was happy, Man City come for him and it’s his team ( favourite).
    Dad says can’t make training twice a week job commitment etc etc. Starts a 2000 a month for travel taxi etc etc.
    Lad progresses and is looking like the real deal , next offer is to dad quit work or wife or both quit work we’ll buy you a house near Manchester and fund your wages lost.
    That’s what Burnley are up against.
    Having said that players develop at diffferent rates and some slip the net, Vardy at Leicester is doing his own academy I believe to give lads a chance.

The lad for city might be a unique prospect or example but it’s true.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)