+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Millers v Oxford Tuesday night at NYS

Reasonable but Lavery aint a target man who can hold the ball up or play flick ons or take the weight off the likes of Ball. he plays off the shoulder by his own admittance ie more like an old fashioned inside forward. He needs somebody to play off like Ball. Think Smith will be a key player now in the run in because if he gets knacked so may we be. Smith would always be the first name on my team sheet if he is fit and in reasonable form.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-02-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Is it an English exam? I'll do my best to explain my way of thinking. Our subs bench at Scunny apart from Price or Yates if any of the 5 came on would it weaken the side? I'm not convinced playing Newell, he's got no stamina. I don't know how we are going to get Palmer into the side unless we play 3 in midfield. I don't want to play Vaulks at centre back unless it's an emergency. Tonight from those 16 players we could put a side out to beat Oxford who look all at sea. When it matters in the play-offs if we get there if we need to win a game I'd have Taylor & Williams on the wings, a match fit Lavery up front. They need games along the way. Not knocking Forde he's been a big cog in this unbeaten run. But from open play he's not a creative player. Noticed last home game when Taylor came on for a short time he put more dangerous balls than Taylor has in don't know how many games. That's my way of thinking.
    A few questions (I'm sure you'll answer none)

1.You wanted to sell Taylor 2 weeks ago, now he must start? What's changed
    2. You've seen Lavery play for about 20 minutes, How can you tell he should start based on that?
    3. Why do we HAVE to get Palmer into the side? We keep winning.
    4. "Tonight from those 16 players we could put a side out to beat Oxford who look all at sea" Have you not noticed that Warne keeps picking a team that wins?
    5. "when Taylor came on for a short time he put more dangerous balls than Taylor has in don't know how many games" What the hell does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    A few questions (I'm sure you'll answer none)

1.You wanted to sell Taylor 2 weeks ago, now he must start? What's changed
    2. You've seen Lavery play for about 20 minutes, How can you tell he should start based on that?
    3. Why do we HAVE to get Palmer into the side? We keep winning.
    4. "Tonight from those 16 players we could put a side out to beat Oxford who look all at sea" Have you not noticed that Warne keeps picking a team that wins?
    5. "when Taylor came on for a short time he put more dangerous balls than Taylor has in don't know how many games" What the hell does that mean?
    Go on the state of play. Taylor the only way I'd have sold him was to get a proper left winger in. He's here. Would say we'd get more for him than any of our other 3 wingers. I sit in the SW stand at the top. Last home game when he came on we had some quality balls sent in from the right, we didn't before. Palmer like to see him in a midfield 3 he's got passing ability we haven't got in the side. Like to see Lavery start tonight. Ideal game to get him match sharp.

Go on the state of play. Taylor the only way I'd have sold him was to get a proper left winger in. He's here. Would say we'd get more for him than any of our other 3 wingers. I sit in the SW stand at the top. Last home game when he came on we had some quality balls sent in from the right, we didn't before. Palmer like to see him in a midfield 3 he's got passing ability we haven't got in the side. Like to see Lavery start tonight. Ideal game to get him match sharp.
    Another question, are you aware of what 'state of play' actually means? I only ask as it appears that you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Another question, are you aware of what 'state of play' actually means? I only ask as it appears that you don't.
    State of play means the current situation.

State of play means the current situation.
    Unbeaten in 11, won 8 of them.........

Keep the same team and while ever you have a strong bench that we have now,I think we will find a similar performance tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    This is where it all comes crashing down for The Millers.

Millers 0 Oxford 3

Millers to have Rodak sent off.
    Politics is really more your thing isn't it 😊

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456