+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McMullan

McMullan

Looks to me like he's been reading UnitedMad. Lovely goal. IMO he should be a key player for us but needs to be paired in a two upfront. In the Championship there is no excuse for playing one up front so Csaba get it sorted.

If he could play like that consistently, that would be great.

When i see 1 up front i immediately give up hope

its a modern day thing isnt it playing 1 up top.

teams can be just as attacking by having 1 up top it all depends on the support to that player. if we have wingers who are attacking including central midfield runners then its not 1 up really. i actually don't mind mcmullan up top because it forces us to play and also gives us an out ball in behind with his pace this then allows us to get up the park and get support.

Mcmullan is very frustrating to watch as he has them good moments in him but he also has the stupid QOTS and Brechin moments in him. if he can be more consistent then we can start to improve

How many times has he scored a goal like that now? Think its the 3rd time ive seen him score from similar positions.

Hopefully this is the fruits of Shabba having had a meaningful discussion with McMullan from which he will go onto produce more of the same. Needs to keep the lid on his temper and stay on his feet from now as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    How many times has he scored a goal like that now? Think its the 3rd time ive seen him score from similar positions.

Hopefully this is the fruits of Shabba having had a meaningful discussion with McMullan from which he will go onto produce more of the same. Needs to keep the lid on his temper and stay on his feet from now as well!
    In my book (Darren) if you play 2 uptop they start to develop an understanding after a bit. (This would be a new concept for us by the way!) and more goals will come.

Chick if I recall he was booted around a fair bit at StMirren
    If as you say Shabba maybe had a word about temper to be honest I'd be starting him upfront in the next games with who I do not know!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    In my book (Darren) if you play 2 uptop they start to develop an understanding after a bit. (This would be a new concept for us by the way!) and more goals will come.

Chick if I recall he was booted around a fair bit at StMirren
    If as you say Shabba maybe had a word about temper to be honest I'd be starting him upfront in the next games with who I do not know!
    The way this season has gone with injuries, i dont think anyone has been able to get an understanding with anyone! Add to that we have so many new players and so little time to get something going for the run in. Lewis, Robson, Durnan, King and McDonald are probably the most present, but the gaps between them have been filled by too many different players.

As for who to pair McMullan up front with, the obvious is Mikkelsen with Lyng on a wyng, but that defeats what has been said above.

I also have a thought that King may be able to do a job at the no10 as he has drifted in there for short spells a few times and i think did ok.

during the game i said jokingly to my brother that mcmullan was our best striker. then i realised it was actually true. sad indictment on the rest of our so called strikers

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    When i see 1 up front i immediately give up hope
    It wasn’t problem when Murray played up front coz he put himself about, harried every defender on the park and caused general mayhem. Fast forward to the present day and we have single forward just generally trotting about between defenders, absolute waste of time, especially playing the teams in our league. Should be three up front from now until end of season, Lyng on one side, young Matty on’t other, and McDonald through the centre and all should remain up top even when the oppo has a phukkin corner

Quote Originally Posted by bawbagg View Post
    during the game i said jokingly to my brother that mcmullan was our best striker. then i realised it was actually true. sad indictment on the rest of our so called strikers
    In fairness some of the ball forward from back four was shocking, getting pinged into corners or straight through to their keeper when our solitary striker’s still at halfway.

Hard to blame lyng for that, one of the few balls he got to his feet, he played in Stanton for the first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)