+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parody a/c suspended by Tw*tter

Parody a/c suspended by Tw*tter

No doubt a complaint by AH but I've not seen anything to warrant a suspension.

Parody accounts ARE permitted

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...onation-policy

and the account was clearly marked as a Parody even if at times it was hard to tell by the content which one was real.

So what is it? Things not going so well so things turn nasty? I've often been concerned, and stated as much, at how AH would react if a couple of things started to go wrong.

I liked the parody account until it started siding with Forest fans against Notts fans. That was a step too far and I'm out. But if it's still within Twitter rules I don't see grounds for suspension.

I feel like it was more of an impersonation than a parody though and it was quite misleading to a few fans which was probably causing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I feel like it was more of an impersonation than a parody though and it was quite misleading to a few fans which was probably causing issues
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This ^
    How easily duped some Notts fans are. It said it was a parody account in the description section.

Twitter rules:

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...account-policy

Bio: The bio should clearly indicate that the user is not affiliated with the subject of the account, including, for example, by incorporating a word such as (but not limited to) "parody," "fake," "fan," or "commentary,” and be done so in a way that would be understood by the intended audience.

Seems some of the intended audience have a comprehension problem - scrub that - we know grammar is a lacking feature among Notts supporters.

It was a bit of light fun p!sstake and someone's thrown a mardy.

His real Twitter has gone a bit quiet too. I think he's waiting for some sycophant to tell him not to take any notice of the moaners because they're not real fans, and that we're still 4th then he can go:

Thanks pal 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    His real Twitter has gone a bit quiet too. I think he's waiting for some sycophant to tell him not to take any notice of the moaners because they're not real fans, and that we're still 4th then he can go:

Thanks pal 👍👍
    Yeah, I noticed that as well, Bo. At least his twitter parody meant to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    How easily duped some Notts fans are. It said it was a parody account in the description section.
    Why would anyone check the description of an account every time they see a tweet from them to check if they're legit or not when they appear almost identical? Doesn't really bother me as I rarely look at twitter but a lot of people probably have no idea what a parody account even is and wouldn't even think to check the bio and see if it's the real person or someone pretending.

It's not like it was very funny, it literally just served the purpose of trying to confuse people

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Why would anyone check the description of an account every time they see a tweet from them to check if they're legit or not when they appear almost identical? Doesn't really bother me as I rarely look at twitter but a lot of people probably have no idea what a parody account even is and wouldn't even think to check the bio and see if it's the real person or someone pretending.

It's not like it was very funny, it literally just served the purpose of trying to confuse people
    This is like explaining the off-side rule to a woman - some folk should just not be on the internet, really.

Parody....I found this clip on Tinternet of Trump at his Swearing~in.....my favorite one~liners are, Trump to Obama, "I am going to try to figure a way to bury your stuff, quickly" and "My kids made me a Shiv, and I am not afraid to use it"......hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneBUA39mnI

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast