+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Points

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    I can remember Crewe before we had Academy beating Accrington one snowy night in Feb 4-0 The following week they went out of the League so they have turned it around on Crewe now. How do they do it!!
    I can't recall that game but looking at the head to head matches we had with them over the years our record is not so good..

http://www.footymad.net/head-to-head...ewe-alexandra/

I was there in Jan 1961 and just a young lad of just 16 years of age when we won 3-1 away and not long afterwards they went out of the league and didn't complete all their fixtures. They didn't get back into league football until recent times and so 50 years non league is not something we want to do but the risk is there still. I don't think we will get relegated but hope lessons can be learned that it doesn't do to have all your eggs in one basket.

That was a very sad day for Accrington back then as the fans were crying about their plight and remember feeling so sorry for them. Indeed for anyone losing their league status and the fans who support their team through thick and thin..

Itwasin, those records show a couple of Crewe 4-0 victories back in 1929 and in the 1930's both in August too and shows global warming has really happened! and so I guess that makes you around 90 years old? That is what I call a really dedicated fan!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 14-02-2018 at 09:37 PM.